Re: Amazing Spider Man costume: pattern done pg 5

Re: Amazing Spider Man costume: Begin new costume with pattern

Today i going to print my costume and next week is ready for sewing, and now i working on the lenses...this is the first lenses i make but i wanna try to make an other one

hey i really like your costume the patter looks great. how do you get the pattern on the material.
what type of material do you use what should i ask for in the shops ?
how do you get the size right so it fits you ?
i am asking because i really wanna make one my self im willing to put in the time sewing it and i love yours any help would be great man

Hy firebapx, in the first post i write the material, for that i create a paper pattern and i cut the piece of felcro. For the digital pattern i buy it in the jankard from taylor, if you wanna buy it ask to him, a good program for make one is for sure photoshop or gimp. I hope this can help you ask me anithing if need. ;)

New update: the new lenses i make, this time in metal and foam created from a piece of stereo.

That's funny, I was actually just thinking yesterday about using the mesh from stereo speakers for lenses haha. Good work, man!

Hi Flavio,

sei di milano?? io sono di lugano XD haha grande sto cercando anche io di costruirmi il nuovo costume di spiderman! ho una domanda..ma il sito che hai dato funziona per stampare il pattern su lycra? perche io ci sto lavorando proprio in questi giorni...fammi sapere!

appena ho foto dei miei lavori li posto subito ;)

Hi Flavio,

sei di milano?? io sono di lugano XD haha grande sto cercando anche io di costruirmi il nuovo costume di spiderman! ho una domanda..ma il sito che hai dato funziona per stampare il pattern su lycra? perche io ci sto lavorando proprio in questi giorni...fammi sapere!

appena ho foto dei miei lavori li posto subito ;)
Ciao johnny,
Si sono di milano, per l'esattezza Assago, finalmente becco un italiano in questo forum XD si il sito è di una ditta che stampa su lycra e più o meno costa 170 euro, se hai bisogni di aiuto sarò ben felice di aiutarti ;) sono curioso di vedere il tuo lavoro e le foto.

ah d'accordo grazie! allora lo farò fare da loro non appena il pattern sarà pronto...per ora non ho foto pronte ma fra qualche giorno posterò subito quello a cui sto lavorando..comunque la mia idea era di fare un costume blu e poi cucire sopra la parte rossa ...adesso vedo bene come fare, la maschera cmq la faccio col metodo che ha usato mclean krieger, lui si che ne sa :)

ho una domanda..ma per le misure come si fa?? per il pattern..non so quanto grande devo stamparlo..io ho gia un costume di spiderman ti posto la foto...la grandezza lo faccio uguale.

a presto! ;)

cmq scriverò in inglese cosi da essere d aiuto anche agli altri utenti ;)

View attachment 90360

C'è un post di taylor dove ha scritto le misure di stampa si trova nel junkard è facile da trovare. Cmq niente male cm costume davvero bello! per il pattern io ho preferito fare tutto su uno senza stare a cucire parti dopo, speriamo che venga bene...appena mi chiama la ditta vado a ritirare il pattern.

I'm waiting for my pattern is printed...in this case I am preparing a new pattern, but this time from a famous game: batman arkham asylum. Soon i post the picture.

ah ok so I ve to buy it? please can you post photos when you ll receive the pattern, i would like to see how it looks like, i m sure the costume will be great :)

did you learn alone how to create the pattern?

thanks for a reply

p.s comunque per gli occhi avevo pensato di comperare la maschera ufficiale del film versione deluxe e toglierleli e aggiungerli alla mia..stessa cosa per i lanciaragnatele..te invece che cosa avevi in mente??

Finaly a update: the pattern is printed! but with a diffrent, is polyester not lycra and it look like the movie! What you thinks guys? :D

ah ok so I ve to buy it? please can you post photos when you ll receive the pattern, i would like to see how it looks like, i m sure the costume will be great :)

did you learn alone how to create the pattern?

thanks for a reply

p.s comunque per gli occhi avevo pensato di comperare la maschera ufficiale del film versione deluxe e toglierleli e aggiungerli alla mia..stessa cosa per i lanciaragnatele..te invece che cosa avevi in mente??
Yeah i learn alone, but is very harder make one...what you think for the costume? finaly i have it! :D

PS: Per le lenti ho usato un pezzo di uno stereo puoi vederli nella prima pagina :) per i lanciaragnatele...bè per quello sarà una vera sorpresa quando vedrai cosa ho in mente...qualcosa che nessuno si aspetta.

woooww it looks very good!! :) can t wait to see it complete! but what is the difference between lycra and polyester?? hehe you want to create real webshooters?? ;)

really good job, post new photos soon ;)

Looks great dude, the only thing is that I think you're going to have trouble with that polyester. From the pictures it doesn't look like it stretches very much, and for a spidey suit it has to be able to stretch a lot, in both directions. I would look for another printer in your area able to print on Lycra

Looks great dude, the only thing is that I think you're going to have trouble with that polyester. From the pictures it doesn't look like it stretches very much, and for a spidey suit it has to be able to stretch a lot, in both directions. I would look for another printer in your area able to print on Lycra
of corse is a attempt....the next i gonna print on lycra, this i wanna use or for exposiono or try on me like costume. thanks for the comments guys :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back