Rdmaul TDKR Bane WIP - Update with Pic

Rdmaul

Sr Member
Hey guys so I have been a member here lurking for awhile and wanted to finally contirbute to the community with a Build I am working on. I recently got persuaded by a friend to put togethor a Bane costume from TDKR. I know there is the "definitive" Bane thread but it seems no one wants to contirbute in there so....Here is my Thread!!

Here is a list of what I have done:

Mask: Original Mask Gotham City FX- painted, just need to hit with sealer and its finished, New mask Todd Cook Designs

Vest: Being made by a Professional tactical vest maker- works for a defense company who specializes in making body armor

Leather Wrist guard: being made by custom leather maker Thomas Boyer from TNXB Creations- Should be done in a few weeks

Black Undershirt- took a old black plain sweatshirt and cut the collar and the wrist elastic off, I need to weather it a bit more but it actually works pretty good.

Pants: UR Tactical Replica Cry Precision Gen 2-ur-tactical.com - OPS INTEGRATED BATTLE PANTS W/PADS IN BLACK The Gen 1's that Bane wears are impossible to find especially in black, they were issued to Navy Seals in 2009...so unless you were a Navy Seal and were active in 2009 good luck. I have color stripped and redyed the pants I have to look the greyish blue color that is seen in the promo and normal lighting

Boots: Tan Vietnam jungle boots: I am going to add the proper straps and buckles to these and weather them up to look the right color. I also though about dremeling the sole down to the flat look of the screen used boots.

I have a few really poopy shots from the camera, the "facebook look at me pics" BUT its all I have right now, I will update this week when I sit down and work on the boots. Go easy fellas its my first thread.:lol

c7a5dd74.jpg

f95d4ee3.jpg

Last edited:
Re: TDKR Bane-WIP Build!!

Ok fellas a little of a update, The Wrist Guard is all done. I had a good friend of mine who is a leather worker here in AZ make this for me! It turned out great! He will be dying it one more time but this was the first finished pics made. I know he is willing to make more so let me know guys ill see if I can persuade him :)

431698_2665942932562_1375683548_2076594_1193144138_n.jpg

422763_2665943092566_1375683548_2076595_1954921863_n.jpg

Last edited:

Hey guys here are some shots of the "Geek's Night out" event here in Tempe. I just did the Prologue version since my vest isnt done yet, I also had to use a bald cap since I am growing my hair out for Wolverine, I will shave it just not right now.My buddy and I got a huge response and had numerous pictures take ....but we lost the costume contest to a guy dressed as the Blue Beetle

402470_2677393898829_1375683548_2079734_959301269_n.jpg

409055_2677394218837_1375683548_2079736_1376334663_n.jpg

Last edited:

Nice job so far Ryan. Would love to see what progress you have on that tactical vest, as that's my favorite part of the costume.

Nice job so far Ryan. Would love to see what progress you have on that tactical vest, as that's my favorite part of the costume.

Yeah mine too cause its completely custom piece. I also might have spotted the correct boots but need to do some more research to make sure.

As my Buddy AzSpidey posted in the other Bane thread I think these are what was used for Banes boots. I believe they cut the top strap and added it to the middle of the shoes. They are the same boots Cap. wears in th TFA. Here are some shots of the boots from TDKR and The boot in question.
KGrHqEOKiME3moEOwBOH0UUdGQ0_12.jpg

0f325.jpg

Last edited:

Boots seem to blind people. Every time you show a boot a dozen people say "I had boots just like that" and they are all different boots.

Caps boots have 11 eyelets and are reddish. Just because they have the straps on top doesn't mean they are 'WWII 2 strap boots'.

Bains seem to have 9 or 10 eyelets, with hooks on the top 4. I can also see other differences.

But for a costume they are pretty close. I had boots just like that.

Ha Ha Ha Ahhhhhhhh....I also had boot JUST like that!

Bane has two-tone effect on the boots (polished and suede?).
Also more of an black and grey color, but any boot can be dyed to match.
You might have a better shot with just a paratrooper boot and add the straps.

Even better....start a thread on Bane's Boots and watch the crazy research people here pull more boots then you ever thought were ever made out of the woodwork.

I just read a thread on Cap's TFA boots..........Crazy accurate info!!!!

By the way, Great costume and my hats off to anyone with the dedication to shave their head to get the look!!!

Here are a couple progress shots guys of the vest. Should be done in a couple weeks and I will post up pics with it on! I absolutely can't wait!

DAYUM!! Coming along very nicely. Seems you're having better luck with the harder prop item. :D Blowing my mind with that hardware right now. :cool

Yeah, the guys making my vest is a friggin genius. He laser cut the buckle on the front out of Brass, so it will weather by itself over time.

Looking great just having a vest done at the moment it's not going to be 100% bt I think it will be close .

Look forward to seeing this finished

Guys I should have some pics thursday of the vest on me finished but until then here is a shot of the vest done, I just need to weather it and add some silver to the plates on it.

8f2d217c.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back