RDJ Avengers Long Sleeve Shirt Help

Chris27989

Sr Member
Hi Guys
Without giving any spoilers away I'm interested in the long sleeve shirt worn by RDJ in the avengers as pictured below. Any leads or websites would be greatly appreciated
Thanks Chris

robert-downey-jr_the_avengers.jpg

Robert-Downey-Jr-The-Avengers-Iron-Man-3.jpg

detail.jpg

robert-downey-jr-as-tony-stark-in-the-avengers.jpg

Check walmart bud, I could have sworn I've seen black long sleeve workout shirts with gray trim areas. I honestly can't say if the gray will match but it might be close.

I'd be really interested as well to get an input on the brand of the screen used shirt. Assuming it's a found item and not something made for the movie.

yeh i thought a it was an under suit possible a compressor long sleeved tee i know under armour sell a similar top but the grey is white and has there logo in the middle of the chest just a bit higher then where the arc sits

yeh i thought a it was an under suit possible a compressor long sleeved tee i know under armour sell a similar top but the grey is white and has there logo in the middle of the chest just a bit higher then where the arc sits

It's possible Under Armour was their starting point. Overdying the white to grey wouldn't affect the rest of the shirt much. I'm sure their costumers have a way of removing the logo.

I've been trying to source this as well, with little luck.

With the fact that he wore a snug fitting Armani shirt under the racing suit in IM2, I don't think a place like Walmart would be carrying this, if it is indeed an off the shelf shirt. So I have been searching all of the high end brands, and not found a thing yet. I think the closest think I've found so far was Addidas, if I remember right, but they did not come in black.

It's all about finding one that has those 2 strips of grey up to the collar bone. That seems to be the most distinctive feature. Narrow that field down and it should hopefully fish it out.

Bodyglove has some stuff that looks really close. I looked on their site when you first made the thread... They have stuff that is thinner than what you think surf wear would be...

Some even with that same gray, near the pattern... But no match.

Surfing, skimming, paddle boarding etc may be it?

Also I agree with Toby and Moo... Walmart... No.

Armani? Wouldn't doubt it.

I honestly would look at high end name brand watersport stuff. Just my gut feeling.

Yep could very well be from Armani's EA7 line. I'm gonna look into it.

Edit: After closer inspection, I don't think so.

Last edited:
Or at least something that is maybe already last year's style. If it is Armani or similar, it may no longer be listed on their websites.

But yeah, it's Tony Stark, they're going to dress him the part of a billionare. :) It should be something off shelf, it's nothing that special that would require custom tailoring. Only thing they went that far was for his suits, with the special embroidered Tony Stark inside the lapel.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back