Rattlesnake - Kyra Rattler Revisit

A Hunters Moon

Alright, alright! Here it is. My first bio. I got it on the cheap so there are a few things that need to be corrected. It's a thinner casting than most so it has a couple hairline fractures at the edges and the right side of the mask is a little off. All this I hope to correct. It was originally painted black but I found that it was flaking off with the lightest of scratches. So I took it back as close to raw form as I could. I'm hoping once it's primed the little bits of paint left over won't show.

View attachment 74777

I'll post my progress as I go along.

View attachment 70800

Question Wise:

How do I go about removing the cast laser housing and replacing it with Don’s simulator kit? Just dermal it out?
&
Would JB Weld work well for reinforcing the weak edges of the bio?

Ya ..just dremel out the shroud. Use small drill holes spaced a centimeter or two apart around it..then pop it out..then polish it smooth. as for reinforcing, some fiberglass resin coated all on the backside should help

Well...My first Bio was made entirely out of cardboard. -_- Used Hot glue and cardboard and some plaster. It doesn't even have a casing for the lazer as yet but I figured maybe I would just get the basics down first. Your well on your way with a base to start with.

[edited by poster out of curtesy to original thread creator.]

Better late then never I hope. -_- Sorry about all that.

Wow ..a threadjack for your very first post. damn. Please introduce yourself in the properly titled Introduction thread. Then make a new topic if you would like critique on your work. It is impolite to step into someones elses thread and try to make it about yourself
thank you

Wow ..a threadjack for your very first post. damn. Please introduce yourself in the properly titled Introduction thread. Then make a new topic if you would like critique on your work. It is impolite to step into someones elses thread and try to make it about yourself
thank you

I wasn't intentionally stepping on the thread. :S
I meant that thus far their well on their way to producing a wonderful helmet, compared to my cardboard monstrosity. I am looking forward to seeing the full repaint and completion of your costume Hunter's Moon. Sorry about the misplaced thread theft.

I took a late night so I could finish roughing in fixit sculpt. I'm just the type that can't stand for something to be out of proportion so I've been sculpting a more even look onto the bio. All my design ideas require it to be as symmetrical as I can get it. I'll have to wait for it to cure and then sand it down to a smoother look. Here's a before and after:

View attachment 74774

Tell me what you think and if you spot any areas of improvement.

View attachment 70798

Alright, got my lenses in today. Once I get Dons wire mesh I'll sandwich it between the two. I've searched a good while but didn't find anything on the actually cutting of a lens. I know the plastic is very rigid and can snap under a decent amount of pressure.

View attachment 74773

How do some of you go about cutting a lens to fit?

View attachment 70797

I've actually used a simple jig saw and a buffer to shape lenses before but for my bio I opted to simply purchase large sunglasses and super glue the lenses in this time...so I guess its a matter of what you have available to you, Hunter.

The sculpting doesn’t stop even on my b-day! I’m really looking forward to getting it done. As you can see I’ve smoothed out the proportions and started adding detail with fixit sculpt. You probably think I’m nuts adding two large holes in the snout of the bio but I have plans. Heheh. There’s a lot more detail to come around the crown and jaw line as well. I’m already enjoying the look of it. I hope that in the end it’s something new and unique looking.

View attachment 74772

Tell me what you think!

View attachment 70796

Last edited:
The hole looks like a key hole xD Im curious on what you plan to do.
I'm with you.

Isn't that kind of an obvious place to put your exhaust fan?

Just jabbin' at ya, your repairs came out great and I am looking foward to seeing your vision. :p Do you have any concept drawings of what your going for? What you have in't looking familiar to me.

I'll dig around for my sketches. It's not based on anything in particular. It's just something I came up with while drawing different designs onto a P1 template. Still a lot of detail to come. Hope everyone enjoys it.

[quote name='A Hunter's Moon' post='191139' date='Mar 8 2010, 12:06 AM']The sculpting doesn’t stop even on my b-day! I’m really looking forward to getting it done. As you can see I’ve smoothed out the proportions and started adding detail with fixit sculpt. You probably think I’m nuts adding two large holes in the snout of the bio but I have plans. Heheh. There’s a lot more detail to come around the crown and jaw line as well. I’m already enjoying the look of it. I hope that in the end it’s something new and unique looking.

rattle.jpg

Tell me what you think![/quote]
cool design very medieval looking love it and yeah it does look like a key hole LOL

rattle.jpg

Alright, so it's starting to take shape and you can see a bit more of the design. I followed the natural contours of the helmet to get the overall look and then added a bit of tribal tech to the snout. Though you may not be able to tell from the picture the crown of the bio has a very worn leather look. All of this is based on the idea that he has adorned his bio with the skin of a kill.

View attachment 74769

I should be done sculpting by the weekend and ready for some paint. Thoughts?

View attachment 70794

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back