RARE prop pics from all sorts of sci-fi properties - 1984

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I finally got around to scanning these babies in - I have a treasure trove of pics, and will be posting them as I get them into the computer. Hopefully someone will find these useful in their projects. Round one:

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

10.jpg

14.jpg

19.jpg

5.jpg

640.jpg

641.jpg

643.jpg

644.jpg

65.jpg

653.jpg

65a.jpg

basestar.jpg

blockade.jpg

br.jpg

dog.jpg

drac.jpg

gal.jpg

galactica.jpg

naut.jpg

raider.jpg

seaview.jpg

viper.jpg

vshut.jpg

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :love

Thanks Moff. :D

Hey lookit that Lunar Spacesuit from "2001". :eek

So is that the "real" B9, or a replica... :confused

- k

I can't tell. I know some of that stuff above is a replica... but others I'm just not sure about. Did you see the Kenner ALIEN riding atop the Blockade Runner?

So lets debate here - what's real.?.

The SW droids look like replicas.

I have my eyes on that Jupiter 2 behind Robby the robot....I want that ship baaaad.....

thanks very much for sharing...

T

R5 looks pretty good - but Artoo's dome seems "off"...

Mouse Droid seems way too small.

And I think the Nautilus was a Tom Scherman replica.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(moffeaton @ May 1 2006, 08:57 PM) [snapback]1236559[/snapback]</div>
R5 looks pretty good - but Artoo's dome seems "off"...
[/b]

The only thing I can say about the R2 is the dome looks perfectly hemispherical. It should be elliptical. you're right looks too fat about 2/3rds of the way up.

Thanks for sharing the pics BTW

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(moffeaton @ May 1 2006, 03:57 PM) [snapback]1236559[/snapback]</div>
Mouse Droid seems way too small.

[/b]

I'm not sure about the size, but the proportions look off. Perhaps it's just the angle of the photo, but it looks too tall for the length and the front face is angled too steeply. I'm pretty sure that's a replica.

I'm not sure what's wrong with it, but the Gonk Droid doesn't look quite right either. Is it too square? I can't put my finger on it, but somethings not right.

Given the Mouse Droid's proportions, R2's Dome, and something-not-quite-right with Gonk... I'm inclinded to say that all the droids in the top image are replicas. They are very nice replicas, but replicas none the less.

Is this pic of a Model kit from "Blade Runner" ?
br.jpg

I saw the original Police Station model kit at a Museum in San Diego when I was a Teenager,
unfortunatly the place is already closed :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BAlinger15 @ May 1 2006, 05:04 PM) [snapback]1236592[/snapback]</div>
Man from UNCLE guns are prob replicas...

-B
[/b]

The "Man From U.N.C.L.E." car and props belong to Robert Short. Those photos are of his exhibit at the 1984 World Con. He is know to own alot of U.N.C.L.E. props and made the U.N.C.L.E. P7 for the "Return of the Man From U.N.C.L.E.". They are probably real.

David.

Isn't this from the prop exhibition that Greg Jein put together in LA back in 1984? Phil Broad took some nice photos of the Galactica miniature on display there and has them posted on his site ( http://www.cloudster.com ). It also looks like Roger Sides's replica of the Galactica was on display as well. Yikes.

I thought the CE3K mothership was there, too?

I always wondered why no more photos from this exhibition could be found online.. It looks like one of the greatest collections of artifacts under one roof we've ever seen.

:)

Love the Silent Running dome. :D

{EDIT} Thanks for posting these terrific pics, Moff. Looking forward to more. :thumbsup

Yes. LA Com 1984. The yellow show curtains always give it away.

The B9 is the stunt robot that was owned by Greg at the time. Slapped together for that show.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back