Rare Iron Man Cast & Crew Gift?

Carrossea

Hi everyone,

I bought this resin Iron Man helmet/mask recently from a seller I usually buy from who sells a wide variety of things he gets from garage sales (perfumes, motorcycle helmets, clothing, etc). He came across this recently at a big garage sale in Burbank, CA. He found this in a box that no one went through yet, and the owner says he works for the FX shop that does TV and movie items. The owner told him only 5 were made, and they were given to select cast/crew members on one of the Iron Man movies.

The seller I bought this from is not a collector, so he did not think to ask for the owner's name or the FX company he worked for. He says he thinks it's from the first Iron Man, but is not sure.

I've searched the net, and I can't find anything that looks like this. Does anyone know anything about this? Or know how I might be able to find more information on it? It's also quite heavy in weight.

Thanks in advance! Pics are below

IRONMASK.JPGIRONMASK2.JPGIRONMASK4.JPGIRONMASK5.JPGIRONMASK6.JPGIRONMASK7.JPGIRONMASK10.JPGIRONMASK11.JPGIRONMASK9.JPG

- Carrossea

Wow, never saw this post before but i can tell ya what it is. It's a recast of the limited edition dvd case from the first film. someone must have filled the caps for the opening faceplate, moulded and cast it.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back