Rankin-Bass Rudolph puppets - re-creations?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

PaulMantell

672420B0-D9E0-4006-8142-E584520328EC.jpeg

Would anyone like to recreate Willy McBean from the movie of the same name?
Willy and Pablo were a "Must Make" for me when I started to make my R/B puppet replicas. I plan to make both in the sometime in the future.
Also I'm positive we are allowed to post about replicas other than Rudolph as long as they are Rankin/Bass. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Jintosh

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is not someone's personal build thread, if you look back at the first post, it was just a topic of discussion.

Stealing someone's personal build thread to talk about something else would not be warranted in most cases. ;)

Sorry for the lack of updates on my Hermey puppet. It's been a busy past few months for me. I wanted to get Hermey finished by Christmas, but I need a Vacuum Chamber and pressure pot for clean silicone molds and resin castings. Looks like it will have to wait until 2022.
Anyways since I couldn't start on a new character, I figured now would be a good time to go back and see what I could improve on Sam.
One thing I couldn't do during the summer was give him gloved hands. I tried to sew up some gloves for him but they came out horrendous. So I called it quits and moved on. However the past week I felt the need to give it another shot. It took me a while, but I was finally able to make a pair I was happy with.
- Here are the results -
20211122_112029.jpg

20211122_114830.jpg

They came out AMAZING!!! I was honestly surprised they came out so good. Making tiny gloves with individual fingers was no easy task for me, but did make for a great learning experience.
That's all for now. Hope to hear of other replicas on this thread soon!

-Freedmeep

While I wait to gather the proper tools I need for Hermey, I figured I should get started on another Sam while I still have the time. My first Sam was too small for my Rudolph and I wanted to make a bigger and better one. This one will stand at 9 inches and should be near or accurately scaled to the real Sam photo puppet. The process should also go a lot quicker than my last attempt.
Screenshot_20211129-141745_Video Player.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.