Randy Cooper Star Destroyer with lights. FINISHED

Re: Randy Cooper Star Destroyer with lights.

Brilliant! The lights really add scale to the ship. Are you going to light the engines too?

Thanks Guys
I finished the radar array on top of the bridge today. Just needs painting.
tiger054.jpg

I have also finally managed to fit the engines today. A couple of small items to add and the model will be finished.
tiger055.jpg

Wanna see em lit? Oh OK then...
tiger057.jpg

Heres a small peek inside before the insert goes in
tiger061.jpg

closer....
tiger059.jpg

And there are all the fibre optics inside.
tiger060.jpg

If its not too much trouble PM how much you charge for a model like this. I would love to have one and you seem to be an expert modeler.

Looking good Gunpowder! Is there light leakage above the engine area?

All that work really payed off.

Wonderful work!! You can see how many man-hours you put into that. Lovely! What's your next project?

Wonderful work!! You can see how many man-hours you put into that. Lovely! What's your next project?

Thanks guys. Im not sure yet, this could be my last commission build. We have a Baby due any time now and eventually i will be staying at home and looking after her.
There was talk of a 1/4 diorama of Darth Vader and his Stormtroopers entering the Blockade runner.
As for how much i would charge , i dont Think i would do another one of these. Its just too much work.

Simply stunning my friend that customer of yours will be very happy indeed, and if not I know of a potential one that would be :p

cheers!

Re: Randy Cooper Star Destroyer with lights.FINISHED

Finished at last. This is the huge resin 36 inch Randy Cooper Stardestroyer. Theres about 22 LEDs and a rediculous amount of Fibre optics used. I did enjoy the build but i would not do another. Too much work and too much time went into it. It will be off to its new owner soon so heres the photos while i still have it.

tiger110.jpg

tiger120.jpg

tiger113.jpg

tiger112.jpg

tiger111.jpg

tiger122.jpg

tiger121.jpg

tiger127.jpg

tiger124.jpg

Heres a view underneath
tiger118.jpg

tiger126.jpg

Im the lucky client this masterpeice is going to, and what a masterpeice it is.
As always Andy you have done an absolutly fantastic job on this for me and cant wait to get my mits on it.
The lighting looks fantastic especially that rear end, that engine section looks real.
Pulling rabbits out of the hat is getting the norm now

All the very best with your new little project on its way :lol

That is an outstanding build! Probably one of the best I've seen for lighting, I'm insanely jealous!!

And congratulations on your forthcoming live replica-of-mommy-and-daddy prop! :lol

This may very well be the sexiest thing I've ever seen.

I'm curious, what size fiber optic filament do you use?

And do you buy single strand and just cut to size?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back