Ramona Flowers Hammer

sleepisbad

Hey everybody, I've been keeping an eye on the Scott Pilgrim costume thread for a couple days now, but I figured I'd start a new thread so as not to shift away from the T-Shirt topic.

I'm new to this forum, but I can definitely see that you guys are as obsessed with small details as I am, and because I want to make this thing look as legit as possible I know this is the best place to ask.

I'm making the version of the hammer from the movie...

May 16th, 2009 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The one in the comic looks like stone, but the one in the movie appears to be iron.
Does anyone have any experience creating synthetic iron from lightweight materials. I'm pretty sure foam is going to be the best bet, but what kind, and what can I use to prime it for painting?

Any help would be much appreciated.

...oh and if anyone knows a way to make a flaming katana without involving gasoline/lighter fluid that would be cool too.

For mine I used a bit of urethane tooling board that I had laying around the shop.

I imagine insulation foam with a good seal on it would be a better material.

5053711099_07c6ccbfca_b.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back