Ramona Flower's Hammer

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

BonOfTheDead

I started this a while back for my sister, given a two day time limit till she needed it. I think I pulled off decently enough, though I keep coming back to it to make it look more polished. The first go of it, which she used looked rather... OKAY. I've never made props really, so the first go was very rough, after a failed attempt at paper macheing carved styrofoam. I took the paper mache off, and smoothed the edges more to a bevel, like the movie prop, and coated it in plaster sheets.
wNj8s7M.png

It actually looks pretty nice in that shot... until I went and tried to paint it.

Having never attempted painting something to look like a real-world object, the hammers current state is rather unpleasant to look at. As well as the plaster sheeting becoming a lot more obvious to the viewer. I'm not that crafty, and I'm a bit at a loss with it. I really would like to finish it, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing. Aha. The paint on it at the moment looks more like someone ran at it with spray paint... which is essentially what happened. I've no clue how to make something appear to be stone.
IjzWSLh.png 54CP8z1.png

I'm hoping for criticism, constructive or not, as well as suggestions. I'm not sure what to expect, this bein' my first post on this wonderful forum! Thanks in advanced!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.