Rambo buddha necklace

Vsix

Guys and girls I bought 20 years ago a buddha necklace in Vancouver. As a kid I said to myself hey wow looks like the real thing...so I got it, I payed an arm and a leg for, but I didnt cared!

Accidentially I found this thing these days and it looks screen accurate and might even be real, now I need someone to confirm that for me.

Allready wrote to Slys booking agency so they can lend it over to someone who knows!

I do NOT want to sell it as it is something that reminds me of my lill CANADA adventure to a city i visited back then, called hope ( 1 hour drive from Vancouver)

Thanks for your help!

Allright heres the picture and vidlink (wich gives more info):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4gFWmBFRyk

Last edited:
Rambo received the necklace in Rambo 2 and the movie was filmed in Mexico. I would be very surprised if it was screen used or even a production piece.

Hi,

These were found anywhere on market stalls in South East Asia back in the day. 2cm is a tad too small. There were at least 2 laughing Buddha's used in part 2, if you look at Co Bao's (Julia Nicksons) the jadeite pattern is different to the one Stallone wears. This is very similar but not exact of either two.

The ones used in Rambo 3 are different to the style used in Rambo 2. The Jadeite colouring is different, as is the overall size and shape. There 18kt gold bale on the back was a solid piece of gold, where the ones used in Rambo 2 had a skeleton frame. So to sum up, its a great replica of the part 2 pendant, but it is not exact. :)

I hope this helps?

Here is my copy of the Rambo 3 version, again its not entierly screen accurate but close enough. I had a chance of buying one of the hero pendants back 8 years ago for $1800, and passed it up, wish I hadnt have now. :)

Rambo 3 Hibben Knives - YouTube

Last edited:
Okay got it! Well thank you very much for such a great info Raven1973, its anyhow a nice piece and carries alot of memories :)

Just one more question, how accurate is mine on a scale 1 to 10 when 1 is totally off?
Please categorize your buddha, also in that scale so I can know what mine is worth.

I like wearing things that are
A) rare
B) worth ...at least a little
C) rare AND worth a little

lol

Again thanx for your help, I might get this buddha fabricated in my shamballa bracelet or necklace, well see, Denmark is not far away from my side of the globe :)

Okay got it! Well thank you very much for such a great info Raven1973, its anyhow a nice piece and carries alot of memories :)

Just one more question, how accurate is mine on a scale 1 to 10 when 1 is totally off?
Please categorize your buddha, also in that scale so I can know what mine is worth.

I like wearing things that are
A) rare
B) worth ...at least a little
C) rare AND worth a little

lol

Again thanx for your help, I might get this buddha fabricated in my shamballa bracelet or necklace, well see, Denmark is not far away from my side of the globe :)

I only ever saw one other pendant that looked similar to the ones used in Rambo 2, and that was an antique Chinese laughing buddha. The Rambo 3 style ones I have cost about £50 each. they come up from time to time on ebay.

What is yours worth?...like with most things, it's worth a mint to us for the memories. I suppose it all depends what others are willing to pay for it, in all honesty not a lot. :-/

I only ever saw one other pendant that looked similar to the ones used in Rambo 2, and that was an antique Chinese laughing buddha. The Rambo 3 style ones I have cost about £50 each. they come up from time to time on ebay.

What is yours worth?...like with most things, it's worth a mint to us for the memories. I suppose it all depends what others are willing to pay for it, in all honesty not a lot. :-/

Thats not a problem man if its not worth alot, just dont want to get my bracelet or necklace opened up to wear something cheap.

Memories are in that lill thing so im gonna just lay it into the jewelry box for another 20 years :)

Anyway now I know what is all about this buddha and might understand why the booking agency didnt replied lol

Thanx a bunch Raven1973

Visx, I used to own the exact Jade Budda as you show in your video. It was lost about 20 years ago and I have never seen another one of the same style since. I did however acquire these ones.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'll add the lighter one to RAMBO display (I found it at a market for about $10) when I get around to making it up. The darker was expensive so will go back into my safe.

Attachments

• Jade Budda 1.jpg
    Jade Budda 1.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 3,324
Cavx!
I like that man :) cool knife and buddhas you call your own, there!

Very interesting info, so by all means do you think its something special hence a worth piece of art?
Maybe even real?
Dont want to offend the previous poster just like to gather more oppinions.

Last edited:
Jumping on an old thread here. My dad has been a HUGE Stallone fan since he was 5 years old and recently found an exact match to the Rambo 2 Stallone Buddha. He's been searching for one for nearly 40 years and finally found one. If you compare images to the one in the movie they're nearly identical in the color pattern/shape and size
20220923_115214.jpg

Jumping on an old thread here. My dad has been a HUGE Stallone fan since he was 5 years old and recently found an exact match to the Rambo 2 Stallone Buddha. He's been searching for one for nearly 40 years and finally found one. If you compare images to the one in the movie they're nearly identical in the color pattern/shape and sizeView attachment 1619231
Sorry, boss, NOT an exact match. Rambo's jade buddha pendant

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back