Rambo 5 idea.

Tom1971

Sr Member
Having seen three in a row Rambo movies where he goes into a prison camp to rescue people I think that's been done.

Take on the Mexican Cartels? Really, is this the 80s. Who cares.

The U.N plot with his adopted son from 3 would have been awesome but it's way to late for him to do that. He is in his 60s in the jungle so he ain't gettin any kind of cool job.

Enter Tom (That's me)

Present Day

Rambo is working on his family farm. His Dad is there very happy his son has finally returned, perhaps an explanation for why Rambo was an A-hole and did not even know if his dad was alive. Rambo seems content and finally at peace.

I also would throw in a tribute and mention of Trautman at some point.

Sheriff Will Teasle shows up. Long story short he has trouble in his little town with some serious bad guys. No one will help and he comes to Rambo. He figures Rambo owes him and he is the only one crazy enough to do it. They have a big argument and everything is covered. Rambo tells him to F-off and leave or he will finish what he started all those years ago. Teasle leaves but not before giving Rambo a file containing the victims, etc.

You guessed it. After thinking it over and talking with Dad he realizes he has a debt to pay and people he can help.

He shows up at the Sheriff's staion saying he will help.

I should mention Rambo starts off with a beard and very long Rambo 3 type hair.

Teasle says the look won't work.

Cut to the exact angle/shot where Teasle first came out of the Sheriff's office and it's Rambo. Haircut, clean shaven, and in a deputies uniform.

He walks down to the squad car and his partner David Carusso is waiting. They give each other a look. Cut to them riding in the car and nothing being said. Awkward silence.

Finally Rambo says; "I'm sorry."

Carusso, "Ya know I was the only one trying to help you and it really hurt!"

Rambo. "Really sorry"

Not bad. There might actually be a movie there, although I think the above part of the story would need to be more elaborate/developed.

My vote:

The movie opens with Rambo working at his family farm, finally at peace.

Colonel Trautman shows up (CGI recreation) and informs him that Sony is rebooting Spider-man yet again.

Rambo lets out a fit of expletives, throws down his tools, and heads for his firearms cabinet.

If any thing else was ever done with Rambo, it just needs to be a prequel. Cast someone else and do a Platoon-type movie of his time in Vietnam.

I like that treatment, I'd certainly buy a ticket. I would want him to go a bit more First Blood though and use his guerilla stealth tactics a bit more. That was my big problem with #4, it was just wade in and grab the big gun and flex some. With his age at that point I would have thought he'd use his brain an training a bit more.

I like Laspector's idea too, I,m hoping that if the expanded Rocky universe (Creed) goes down well, then it might lead Sly to open up the Rocky and Rambo universes even further. It would be cool to see John Rambo, Messner, Ortega, Coletta, Jurgensen, Berry, Krakauer at their peak causing mayhem in Nam with Trautman at the helm.

Last edited by a moderator:
In 2015 it would end up being some PC BS enemy. They can't fight terrorists because we don't want everyone to think we're at war with Muslims (which pretty much no one thinks). He can't fight China because China would ban the movie and Hollywood bends over backw... no just bends over for China now. He'd probably end up fighting oil companies for trying to bring low cost energy to the U.S. Maybe even Walmart.

Well terrorism has been covered.

Drugs are more or less legal now so that would be a waste.

I think Human Sex Trafficking is one of the World's worst and least dealt with Evils.

It has to be something where Rambo would be the one you want. He is running around as a deputy finding out what's going on, etc but it ain't CSI. At some point it becomes kick butt time and lots of action but it needs a good reason why Rambo is the one to solve it. It needs the feel of First Blood and maybe a long one on one, First Blood style end fight between Rambo and the main bad guy. Maybe Rambo is wounded in the end and Teasle kills the bad guy and then Rambo dies, but before that it does need to have huge Rambo action.

I'm thinking they are trying to deal with it in the film and something bad happens and Rambo says, screw it. It's Rambo time.

The first post is as far as I ever got with it but I thought it would be different, fun, and a full circle story.

I don't want them to ever become friends or anything but I want Rambo to do what Teasle asked and Teasle acknowledge Rambo's sacrifice.

Rather than die in a big blaze of glory like you assume Rambo would he dies quietly, just him and Teasle.

Teasle & Caruso meeting John Rambo in 2016:

"Dude, WTF happened to your head & bone structure in the last 30 years? You're twice as wide as you used to be!"

sylvester-stallone-424x314.jpg

No not dead just bruised :p Trautman stopped Rambo from doing that and he dint really kill any1 to begin with either. unless you count gault's accident.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back