Rambo 2 bow

IFA

Sr Member
Hi guys. I would need that little piece to add to my Hoyt Rambo bow. That's the little plastic piece which center the arrow on the arrow rest. You can find this on old bows (Hoyt or Martin...). If someone has that piece and could help me ?!

Thank you for your help. DSC_07741.JPGDSC_07855.JPG

Yes he has it for sure on Part II.
I had a springy rest on another bow and it was really effective but I would like the piece to make my bow more SA. Thanks for your answers :)

Well, I think I have one of those somewhere around here. Use to be on my old Jennings model T. I'll take a look around and let you know. If I recall it is pretty beat up though.

That wouldbe cool if you could find one...just let me know ;-)

I was thinking that maybe it is a piece which could be laser printed !!!

Well, I think I have one of those somewhere around here. Use to be on my old Jennings model T. I'll take a look around and let you know. If I recall it is pretty beat up though.

I took a look around and I do not appear to have it anymore. I did however find this auction on ebay. There is a vintage arrow rest you could slightly modify and it would be very close. That is about all I could find though. You might have better luck on Archerytalk.com or their Facebook group. Members on there are very helpful and have helped me find rare vintage items in the past. Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you. Your replica looks great! Is that an actual Spectra with Omega wheels? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Martin-Bow-...-Accesories-/351547950953?hash=item51d9e40769

Yes, a Spectra with Omega wheels....correct :)
Thank you very much for your help mskelton, no problem for the piece. I will ask the guy on that ebay auction if he wants to part the lot for me to buy just the arrow rest...it could work !!!
Cheers

Hey no problem. Did you get the wheels separate and put them on? Or did you find an Omega model? Also, painted or factory?

In fact, I was told that Hoyt never made a Rambo 2 bow....even the limited edition of 100 made by the guy from Pony Express was never licensed and approved by Hoyt (certainly why they never realized the edition of 100...with the gold medallion !!). Rambo bows were custom made, as mine was made...Spectra handle with Omega wheels and another Hoyt model for the limbs.
Mine is completely custom made and painted but not screen accurate : it is a right shooter bow and the limbs are from a Spectra model and not from the SA Hoyt model...

So what, the limbs and riser are from two different types of Spectras? Where did you get the wheels? Very nice. I have been contemplating turning my Martin Cougar II into a SA reproduction from part IV (aside from being right-handed), but it is immaculate for its age and it would be a shame to ruin it. So I will have to keep an eye out for a Spectra or another Cougar as a base. I always liked the looks of the Spectra but I can tell you the Cougar is a real joy to shoot. So I will likely go that way. I already have a lot of extra parts for them too. Here it is.
cougarcrest-5.jpgspecsticker-2.jpgsling-1.jpgsight-2.jpgsight-1.jpgriser-3.jpgMT6-1.jpgmedallion-4.jpggrip-1.jpgwheels-2.jpg

I bought my bow as is....already made and complete. I think the seller bought a lot of bows to gather hundreds of parts to be able to make several Rambo 2 bows. Mine was fully equipped when I bought it. And yes, I agree with my bow seller, the screen-used bow was made of two different Hoyt bows : one for the riser (Spectra) and another one (don't remember the name) for the limbs...you can see clealry on the waterfall scene, the limbs are going wider near the Omega wheels. On the Spectra, the limbs are straight !! And he explained to me that several type of Omega wheels were in existance. Some are screen-accurate, some not !!!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back