raimi spiderman suit soles !!!

ianfxmen

Sr Member
anny one would like to share how they did there soles/shoes on a siperman raimi suit ??? heard of using aqua shoes and gluing directly the rubber solse on the suit ?? wouls like to see if theres other solution out there to make the best raimi spiderman completed suit as possible. Thank

i've always used the glue method (with barge rubber cement) and haven't had any problems. I know you can sew the shoes as well, but I've never tried this myself.

i just use aqua shoes from wal-mart or academy (usually less than $10). Then I cut out the soles, apply the glue, and step into them while wearing the costume. I let them sit for about an hour, then remove my feet. The soles should be securely attached within 24 hrs. For extra security, I usually sew the edges of the shoes to the costume as well.

For comfort, use aqua shoes/water shoes/aqua socks. Speedo makes a nice brand with a very thin sole that won't make it look like Spidey is wearing Crocs.

However, for the most accurate finish, you'll want to use square toe men's tuxedo loafers, with the heal cut off...OR with them completely desoled, and placed inside of the foot "sock" (Without cutting any of the material on Spidey's feet) with soling rubber applied separately outside of the material on the outside with Barge cement or Shoe Goo.

That's largely been an insider secret for a while, I figured it's about time it made it out into the open.

For comfort, use aqua shoes/water shoes/aqua socks. Speedo makes a nice brand with a very thin sole that won't make it look like Spidey is wearing Crocs.

However, for the most accurate finish, you'll want to use square toe men's tuxedo loafers, with the heal cut off...OR with them completely desoled, and placed inside of the foot "sock" (Without cutting any of the material on Spidey's feet) with soling rubber applied separately outside of the material on the outside with Barge cement or Shoe Goo.

That's largely been an insider secret for a while, I figured it's about time it made it out into the open.

So your saying that the spidey under foot fabric is sandwiched between the shoe and sole? but if a tuxedo shoe was used wouldn't it be too thick and see the outline?

Gerardo

I have my spidey (raimi) suit with the shoes desoled and placed inside the suit, with a sole glued to the outside and it looks awesome.... You can view my suit in my gallery :)

I found a cheap pair of shoes with a squared front and used those...... The finished effect is perfect

So your saying that the spidey under foot fabric is sandwiched between the shoe and sole? but if a tuxedo shoe was used wouldn't it be too thick and see the outline?

Gerardo

Exactly!

The trick is to find a pair of shoes that have a rounded enough top to create a smooth look. Too many details on the shoes or overlayed elements and you're bound to see it, but if they are simple the complexity of the print over top will minimize any slight bumps.

This is why I wanted to get this information out in the open, so that hopefully the community can refine it by finding the perfect shoes and the perfect technique.

-Nick

is the the frenchman in me that dosent understand to well ???

would you have 2 minutes to explain that to me in a bit more details or with pictures if possible !!! sure dont want to mess up...

Exactly!

The trick is to find a pair of shoes that have a rounded enough top to create a smooth look. Too many details on the shoes or overlayed elements and you're bound to see it, but if they are simple the complexity of the print over top will minimize any slight bumps.

This is why I wanted to get this information out in the open, so that hopefully the community can refine it by finding the perfect shoes and the perfect technique.

-Nick

I'm out of town. I will explain as best I can when I return next week. Otherwise, someone else is free to jump in and explain as well.

-Nick

I was alway under the impression the Raimi suits used kung fu slippers/shoes for their smooth look and square toe

327393854_ojpg.jpg

Here's how I did mine, which came out pretty good.

I decided against wrapping the material around the sole. I wanted to get some good use out of my suit and didn't want the sole to wear out. I also didn't think the material over the sole would be very stable, might be slippy. And if walking on a wet surface, I didn't want the material to soak up dirty water.

I used a pair of red 'flossy' slippers of Ebay. Very similar to the kung-fu slipper posted above. The red flossy slippers also have a redish sole, which blends well with the suit. The picture below makes them look more brown than they are.

I've turned one foot inside out. That is how I attached them.
I cut off the very sole of the suit, then stretched the material around the slipper as seen on the shoe on the left. Note the slipper looks the wrong way round, this is so when you reverse it, its the right way round and it hides the 'seam' where the suit and slipper attach.
I used dots of glue to hold them together and sewed them for added strength.
Carefully turn the leg inside out and you end up with something like the foot on the right.

I hope this helps. If you have other questions theres some useful info in my -'My Spiderman(Rami)' topic here on the forums, or you can see more with images in the 'Making of' album on my FB page, link in my signature.

shoe.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back