Raimi Spider man pumpkin Bomb Help

greatkeyboard18

hi does anyone any tips as to how to texture to the pumpkin bomb grips and the finish on the bomb itself
2qxb9zb.jpg

To me the texture has always looked like some kind of light diffusion plastic, such as you'd find on a fluorescent light cover, car tail light, or reflector. If not used as-is then they made a negative of it. But since I've never seen anyone using that, what do I know? It's what I'd use though.

I know I've seen food packaging that looked like that as well, though it wouldn't be as durable. Something like the trays that cookies and crackers come in.

-Rog

To me the texture has always looked like some kind of light diffusion plastic, such as you'd find on a fluorescent light cover, car tail light, or reflector. If not used as-is then they made a negative of it. But since I've never seen anyone using that, what do I know? It's what I'd use though.

I know I've seen food packaging that looked like that as well, though it wouldn't be as durable. Something like the trays that cookies and crackers come in.

-Rog

It is a good idea but i will experiment with a knurling tool first
to see if that works if not i will give the light diffusion plastic a go

have you searched here?

I think there was another thread on these.

(from what I remember that approach was flat plastic pieces molded/curved using by heat)

for a stand.. it was some arcylic pieces cut into webs. like it was suspended or 'catching' it..

have you searched here?

I think there was another thread on these.

(from what I remember that approach was flat plastic pieces molded/curved using by heat)

for a stand.. it was some arcylic pieces cut into webs. like it was suspended or 'catching' it..

yes I have seen that thread and sent him a pm about it but there has been no reply
the thread was what inspired me to take this approach

maybe try the same approach?

thin, flat plastics/acrylics... (you can textured kinds)

cut to your desired shape(s).. and heat/bend around a sphere (globe, ornament..etc)

adding lights (electronics...etc) is trivial at that point..

unless you want to add some sort of functionality? (blue tooth controlled or other features..etc)

which is still easy.. but not if you have zero electronics exposure..

maybe try the same approach?

thin, flat plastics/acrylics... (you can textured kinds)

cut to your desired shape(s).. and heat/bend around a sphere (globe, ornament..etc)

adding lights (electronics...etc) is trivial at that point..

unless you want to add some sort of functionality? (blue tooth controlled or other features..etc)

which is still easy.. but not if you have zero electronics exposure..

i have some electronic exposure but lack funds for the the materials and equipment

Well to be fair... an Arduino Pro-Micro costs like $2.00-$3.00 (shipped)

resistors and leds are like pennies...

but I understand.. if you lack the funds,.. you lack the funds. :)

Anything you want cheap, just search for it on eBay, choose to sort by price + shipping (lowest) and then prepare yourself for the two weeks it takes on the slow boat. Once you get used to the wait it's no big deal. If you forget about it, it's like a little surprise in the mail.

-Rog

special note:

** If you -do- in fact get an Arduino Pro-Mini..

it does -not- have a USB socket on it.. you need to buy a USB > Serial adapter... (around $1.00-2.00 USD)

Or you can buy an Arduino Nano (but is a little bigger than the Pro-Mini.. and for this project... it looks like size DOES count!) ;)

That being said..

you dont even need an Arduino/microcontroller..

you can get a switch, some coin cell batteries... and some resistors/leds..

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back