Raiders: Temple of the Chachapoyan Warriors

AJLoCascio

Sr Member
Hey guys !

Been scouring the Internet and books for some really solid reference material for the Temple of the Chachapoyan Warriors for a large scale drawing (will give more details after it's complete) - but imagine a room inspired by the architecture and feeling of the Indy universe/ based around that temple. Imagine one HUGE homage to Indy in 1 HUGE room ala a Disney Theme park.

If anyone has any:

-Production drawings
-Obscure set photos
-Sites/Architecture that inspired the set
-Obscure Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular Reference

By all means, throw it up here or email me Mooniteman@yahoo.com.

Any help is appreciated !

-Moony

A very small selection of what I've got is attached

Sounds like an awesome project! There seems to be a lot of "theme" rooms popping up lately. I wish that I had a room that I could convert.

What source is that third image from? That's pretty cool also!

The light trigger always was too far fetched to me, only one way it could work is they would always need a guy there waiting to see an interruption in the light and pull a lever, and only in the daytime.

But the film has a box full of pissed off ghosts too so oh well.

Great depiction, never saw anything like that before.

Awesome idea! Can't wait to see what you come up with. Gotta be wondering what the guy in the middle picture is hinting at though ;)

Search for pictures of the Epic Stunt Spectacular at Disney's Hollywood Studios -the first scene is the Temple and it has a lot of details like the axemen.

Awesome idea. Can't wait to see this completed. Are you going to replicate the booby trap switch floor?

Here are a couple of pics from the indy stunt show. Not really big but can help with your color scheme and lighting.
images

images

images

What if you entered the temple at night? :p

One less trap to worry about.

I think the Hovitos reset the temple constantly
having a good laugh at the white men.

Probably making treasure maps all the time and circulating them.

Gets boring in the jungle, what fun it would be!

Here comes another one!!!

Someone on the mythbusters forum had posted this a while ago. OK, there are some flaws in the idea, but it's certainly thinking laterally.

"The light was shining into a hole. Inside the hole was a colony of Hovito Jungle Hamster Rats. They are photophobic; this means they are afraid of light. As long as the light shines, they stay away from the center of their chamber. When the light goes away, they swarm into the center of the chamber, looking for food. This distribution of weight triggers the wall of spikes."

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back