Raiders of the Lost Ark revolver on gunbroker.com

It is cool to see and know it's still in existence considering how often props go missing at the end of production. Plus it's great reference for replication.

Though I have to say for 5 million you'd think they wouldn't list an item with so many typos and inaccurate listing details. They have 455 Webley listed on there despite that being an entirely different make and model of fiream. They couldn't list the accurate release year of the movie either. Just 1980? Really? So unprofessional.

It is cool to see and know it's still in existence considering how often props go missing at the end of production. Plus it's great reference for replication.

Though I have to say for 5 million you'd think they wouldn't list an item with so many typos and inaccurate listing details. They have 455 Webley listed on there despite that being an entirely different make and model of fiream. They couldn't list the accurate release year of the movie either. Just 1980? Really? So unprofessional.
It says chambered for .455 Webley.
They're referring to the bullet it fires.

I think they were saying production wrapped in 1980.

It is not the same one. Look at the orientation of some of the screws.
You're right they are different and some of the wear on the barrel is definitely different. I wonder how many of these there out there (I'd always assumed just the one), and why they're showing a Propstore certificate?

Point still stands that $5m is crazy!

It's the same gun. No idea why anyone thinks differently. There were 2 revolvers used for Raiders. Overall they are similar but are different in many ways.
The reason why anone thinks it is not the same gun is when you compare photos of the piece at Propstore and the one on gunbroker there are differences in wear and how it was made (screws tight differently). They are the same type of recolver, but not the same piece.

The reason why anone thinks it is not the same gun is when you compare photos of the piece at Propstore and the one on gunbroker there are differences in wear and how it was made (screws tight differently). They are the same type of recolver, but not the same piece.

This is very clearly the same firearm. I would look at the physical damage only instead of at the screws.

Attachments

• E0A7CB2B-98E2-49FE-B720-08FBB7573B4A.jpeg
    E0A7CB2B-98E2-49FE-B720-08FBB7573B4A.jpeg
    609.2 KB · Views: 167
  • D755C0BE-F39E-47E2-ADA4-B3B40158678E.jpeg
    D755C0BE-F39E-47E2-ADA4-B3B40158678E.jpeg
    526.1 KB · Views: 170
I stand corrected, it is the same piece. So it looks to have been opened as screws don't turn themselves.

Well, the screws got removed between the two photo shoots, I doubt it's a grand conspiracy. Maybe it had to do with the de-activation process. Removed to confirm something before it was transferred. Who knows?

It was already deactivated so no reason to open it (again), plus my mindset is not to alter props so it being opened after the PS photos didn't come to mind.
Roger that (y)

I'm wondering if perhaps the action wasn't functioning at 100%, and it was opened to take a look and maybe address the issue (if there was one).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back