Radio Controlled Tumbler

Kylash

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just picked up one of the BIGA$$ Radio Controlled Tumbler's from WalMart on clearance for $40 and I remembered there being a thread here about it for modification and what conditions it was good for but cant find it. This thing is definetly to scale with the 12 inch Batman figure, just freaking amazing.

radiotumbler.jpg

Just curious, which 12" Batman figure is that? I had no idea that tumbler was in scale with anything.

Oh, very cool. Let's see, how do I make the canopy open and add seats...?

I'll be right back, just looking for my Dremel...

I don't know where the thread went but you could search for "tumbler" on the forum. That's a great price for the radio controlled one. I'd love to see how fast it goes. Ya it's a bit smaller in scale than the 12" batman...consider that the rear tires are supposed to be 4ft tall I think and the height of the tumbler itself is 5 ft tall. The rear tires on this version are scaled down a bit. I'm getting the 1:18 scale Hotwheels version which is nearly perfect except the front tires are too big...opposite problem. Oh well just have to wait for the day I can afford a real one LOL. Congrats on the purchase....

:cheers,

Thomas

Yeah, it's a sweet Batmobile. :)

I bought five of them at $50 each, at WalMart. They thought I was crazy. :lol I sold two on ebay for $75 each, and two at the FL toy show last weekend, for $65 and $55.

So I got mine for free. :p

And if I may be allowed to brag, it's my 308th Batmobile. Been collecting them for 12 years, now. :)

If you get a chance, check out the rear suspension. Not too complex, but cool, nonetheless.

Nabbed mine from Wal-Mart on sale for $25. I'd also love to hear about some mods for this thing... the front tires usually float tooo high, and the rear tires are waaay too small. I've been planning on installing some more LEDs in the thing, but I wanted to wait and hear what others have already done

just took mine out on the parking lot and its damn fun, goes pretty far and still worked on grass pretty good, its fun making it skid back around :D Yeah the front tired dont touch the ground, but i bet thats to make sure they dont lift the small turning tire off the ground.

But the front tires slide vertically to avoid that problem... if the slot they affix to was enlarged to allow them to touch, that wouldn't affect the steering too badly, would it?

Anyone know where I could get replacement back tires in better scale? They hardly have any traction as they are (although it makes fishtailing the little beaut 10x easier) and something a little bigger would look better anyway

Also, is there any way I could seal up the car so I could drive through some puddles? I decided to go the hell with it and just drive through anywa... after two days of not working it was fine, but damn. Would filling all of the part seams cause it to overheat? I seriously know zip about rc cars

theres gotta be some RC board thats got something about suping one of these things up...

I just got one for $30 at my Wally World. Not nearly as cool as the Richman's 89, but for the price I can't complain...

-Gary

Originally posted by gw2tulsa@Feb 8 2006, 05:13 PM
I just got one for $30 at my Wally World. Not nearly as cool as the Richman's 89, but for the price I can't complain...

-Gary
[snapback]1179326[/snapback]​
Richman's '89? Please explain, that's one of my top three fav 'Mobiles :D

Oooh... Wally World. Creepy. Last time I heard people call it that regularly... yeah. Just creepy

Originally posted by Neon Sentry@Feb 8 2006, 07:33 PM
Richman's '89? Please explain, that's one of my top three fav 'Mobiles :D
[snapback]1179338[/snapback]​

Richman's Toys put out a 2 foot long 89 Batmobile back in the 90-92 timeframe. I was lucky enough to get one in 96 or so, for about $250-300. Metal chassis, metal wheels, thick foam tires, a REAL hand controller ( not that "fake" Tyco one). They're not impossible to find, not too overpriced even now, and they are SWEET. Tyco can't touch it.

All you guys talking about modifying the Tumbler, though.............it's breaking my heart. :lol As a collector, you gotta realize it's like hearing somebody talking about modifying an MR statue to "work". ;)

For me, it's out of the box, and on display. Not even going to charge the battery, because I'm not going to use it. Gotta display it with my ride-ons, though. ......

"We have WEE, not so WEE, and FRICKIN HUGE." :p

My Walmart has two, as of yesterday. I'd offer to pick it up for you, but the only price tag left ON it, said $99.97, the original price. If they took it off clearance, like they did with those Hummers a couple years ago, they gotta be kidding.

Originally posted by Rodann@Feb 8 2006, 07:57 PM
All you guys talking about modifying the Tumbler, though.............it's breaking my heart. :lol  As a collector, you gotta realize it's like hearing somebody talking about modifying an MR statue to "work". ;)
[snapback]1179452[/snapback]​

I'm a collector as well... but I'm also a big believer in playing with my toys. It's what they're made for, right?

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back