Radiant V scratch build

barrie

Hi every one, here is the latest thing of my model table, a 3 foot long Radiant v model, I maybe should have put it in prop replica but not to sure just how big the prop model was any one know the sizes ?.
anyway here she is all plastic sheet apart from a very few kit bits, please let me know what you think.
regards Barrie ( the old guy )

Attachments

• DSCF3217.jpg
    DSCF3217.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 196
  • DSCF3122.jpg
    DSCF3122.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 178
  • DSCF3220.jpg
    DSCF3220.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 174
  • DSCF3232.jpg
    DSCF3232.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 160
  • DSCF3234.jpg
    DSCF3234.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 151
  • DSCF3074.jpg
    DSCF3074.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 153
  • DSCF3200.jpg
    DSCF3200.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 151
  • DSCF3218.jpg
    DSCF3218.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 191
As I recall, the original model is closer to 6 feet long. Just a rough approximation, so don't take that as gospel.
The color was a kind of purple-ish maroon.

Funny story: Some of the small "buildings" around the base of the tower were add-ons to cover the landing gear mechanisms that ended up sticking out through the hull. To get the gear extension action that was desired, made the mechanisms bulkier than would fit in the model.

I wish that I had the free space to build a six foot replica or at least for some one to ask me to build them a SIX FOOT MODEL but now 3 foot model will be big enough for me. When it goes on display in my local hobby shop some one may buy it and ask for a bigger version that would be great.
Thank you for the information on the ship all helps you can never have to much reference material.

regards Barrie ( the old guy with not enough space )

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back