Rabbit13 Budget suit build

rabbit

Hello all, i have been a member on the lair for about 3 years, although i have been quiet for most of the time i have been trawling threads and builds. Finally a little over a month ago after seeing some of the budget suits and foam masterpieces i found the motivation to pick up my thinking cap and get to work!

I have set myself a bit of a time constraint, i am hoping to have my suit done by March for a con held locally here in New Jersey.

biggest inspirations were:
http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=4161

http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?sh...=20424&st=0

My progress has been slow but steady, i do have until march so i feel it better to take my time and get things looking as best as i can.

i know enough blah blah blah ONTO THE PICS

last bit of dreads drying
IMG_3481.jpg

cannon, made from an old nerf gun barrel and odds and ends
IMG_3495.jpg

LEDs in the cannon barrel
IMG_3497.jpg

buncha dried dreads
IMG_3482.jpg

old rubies mask turned into a halfmask
IMG_3484.jpg

foam blade gauntlet
IMG_3489.jpg

computer gauntlet top
IMG_3491.jpg

Lights in the computer
IMG_3492.jpg

Please let me know what you think so far, more is still to come i assure you! :D

started on my super predator chestplate/backpack. i decided to make the chestplate, backpack, and shoulder pauldrons all attached to one another.
IMG_3498.jpg

and finished the detailing on the top of my wristblade gauntlet
IMG_3499.jpg

UPDATE:
just a few new things here and there, i finished my blade gaunt, added a bit of foamie detailing to it. also put my computer onto the cardboard platform and attached the bottom half just need to finish detailing the bottom half and paint, and they're pretty much done. super duper 'budget' looking, but its the best i can do with the materials i got.
IMG_3564.jpg

IMG_3565.jpg

IMG_3566.jpg

IMG_3567.jpg

IMG_3568.jpg

also, i got myself a piece of shoulder armor and super black (based off the falconer figure) thigh armor done, just need to be painted
IMG_3570.jpg

IMG_3571.jpg

i'm waiting to paint all at the same time, just so i can knock them all out at once.

also my good friend bought me a Hez Celtic bio for christmas, although i don't think it'll make it to jersey by tomorrow XD oh well i appreciate it nonetheless.

nice dude !!!!

damn ya got a good start ,......
further than i am ,...ha ha ha

i need to get crackin on the foamies,....
did ya use layouts or just do your own thing ????

also what size battery runs a set of lights like you're using ???
probably an easy answer but,......i just don't know ,..... :)

right on brah

Philby

nice dude !!!!

damn ya got a good start ,......
further than i am ,...ha ha ha

i need to get crackin on the foamies,....
did ya use layouts or just do your own thing ????

also what size battery runs a set of lights like you're using ???
probably an easy answer but,......i just don't know ,..... :)

right on brah

Philby
the lights are actually small LED christmas lights that can were purchased from Walmart, I'm not exactly sure if i will use them because they have a very large cumbersome battery pack on the end which houses 4 AA batteries if i believe, i might try to disguise it in the backpack if i ever start that. the foamie shoulder pauldrons were made by using templates from Vinmanmac in the Huntorials section, as for the gauntlets, they were all eyeballed, and made with cereal box cardboard, then covered with a layer of white glue, then cheesecloth, the more glue (this way they are very sturdy) then finally a covering of foamie, then details.

i started painting the blade gauntlet, ive got the base coat down but not much else, im going to try and finish my undermask and dreds before i move on.

WOW...didnt even realize I was one of the inspirations....LOL

Mad props brotha...thanks for the compliment........ :p

And to think I was like......"Wow, he uses foamies too"...LOL

Thanks again, glad to help.

been dremeling out two feet of copper pipe, and this is all i got out of it =/ looks like ill need a bunch more >_<
does anyone know any way to cut copper pipes like this without a dremel, or blowtorch? theres got to be a way to get the cuts looking cleaner.
IMG_3659.jpg

Go to Home Depot, Lowes, or any home improvement store. Go back to plumbing and find (or ask for) a tube pipe cutter. They make some for pvc and some for copper tubing. It looks like the attached picture. They make smaller ones for smaller piping. You can ask a plumbing person there and they can help you. It will give decent cuts much faster. You can find "how to" use them on the internet or YouTube. Hope this helps?

tube_cutter_01.jpg

Go to Home Depot, Lowes, or any home improvement store. Go back to plumbing and find (or ask for) a tube pipe cutter. They make some for pvc and some for copper tubing. It looks like the attached picture. They make smaller ones for smaller piping. You can ask a plumbing person there and they can help you. It will give decent cuts much faster. You can find "how to" use them on the internet or YouTube. Hope this helps?
boy do i feel foolish now, i went back to home depot today to pick up some more pipe and i turn around and there directly behind me these little buggers are sittting, so next time i need to buy something of these sorts i'll turn around and look XD

Update:
finally finished the head, next step will be a duct tape dummy and bodysuit. still trying to think of ways to do this, i am playing around with a custom foam muscle suit underneath the rubies berserker skin jumpsuit. but anyway onto the pictures of the head.
IMG_3688.jpg

IMG_3693.jpg

IMG_3694.jpg

IMG_3696.jpg

IMG_3695.jpg

Sweet dude loving the progress well done keep it up I love budget build it is amazing what we can do with barely any money and a whole lot of imagination.

Sweet dude loving the progress well done keep it up I love budget build it is amazing what we can do with barely any money and a whole lot of imagination.
Nice job i started with that exact concept looks good for a pred on a budget keep it up
Oh and by the way minwe was also a celtic very cool

Hey there guys, just a small update, i decided to start working on a completely new set of gauntlets, BOTH are going to be wristblades, no computer gauntlet anymore. Also they are going to be a "budgeted" springloaded rig. Heavily inspired by this huntorial, http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?sh...aded+wristblade. Got one solid blade out of a 1/4" thick sheet of balsa wood. It's VERY sturdy, hard to bend. Sorry no pics yet, but I have a roughed rig the springloaded section half done, I'll get some pictures when i have it down to a science and start on the other blade gauntlet.

-Frank

Nice Rabbit, Its cool to see the Celtic bio work for the Rubies mask, I noticed you made it a half mask too, I bet you can breathe alot better huh?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back