RabbidRabbit sculpture

DarthRaggmopp

I am planning to sculpt a Rabbid Rabbit. Yes, A Rabbid Rabbit.

ravingrabbidsxbox.jpg

This is because I have never done this before and I am familiar with the model. I plan on using whatever I find about the house for base, probably papermache. Then put clay over that, and sculpt the details.

Sounds easy enough, does it not? I'm sure there are pitfalls waiting anyways.

I have no real prop building experience, I do however posses a lot of theoretical ideas due to reading lots and lots of DIY posts and papers.
No experience with the clay but for making some simple easter ornaments.

I must be mindful of:
*I have little to no budget, So I have to improvise with tools and how-to's. I do have some plastic clay shapers.

*Of the strength and moist resistance of the Base. If it warps under the weight of the clay, the model will be ruined.

*I must remember to work in layers, and not rush it.

Last edited:
Re: Sculpture Contest Entry

So I sketched the idea, had to fix the troubled relationship between my multi printer/scanner and the old worn out laptop, but here the sketch is! I guess now I should get the scale and proportion planned down before sculpting.

Re: DarthRaggmopp's Sculpture Contest Entry RabbidRabbit

The rumored impractical air drying clay.
By [somethingsomething], I shall make it work!

Re: DarthRaggmopp's Sculpture Contest Entry RabbidRabbit

So, got to cut my slack now.

Have been taking measurements of bunny, Used these to make a template. Will use the template to create the "inner bunny".

Then clay.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back