R2-D2's arms and tools: research

3Dsf

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi folks! In case it's of interest, I've written up a page documenting the arms and interior compartments seen in Original Trilogy R2s. I did so mainly for my own work building a De Agostini 1:2.3 R2, but since it's pretty general, it may be of interest to people building fullsize R2s, or 1/12 Bandai models or whatever, as well.

Comments and corrections welcomed!

https://sites.google.com/site/millenniumfalconnotes/r2-d2/r2-d2-arms

I remember tackling this a couple years ago... and getting irate over the inconsistencies with the dome. ;) Ended up plotting out an idealized approach to my build in that respect. So i can appreciate the research and frustration that went into this. :)

I see magnified Plexi boxes for museum specemins and second set of plastic clear boxes with a cone knob in each in the ESB control panel....

pic of the new hot toys sixth scale r2d2 with all the arms, recharger and holo leia.

1125x682_previewbanner_903742_R2Fig.jpg

I remember tackling this a couple years ago... and getting irate over the inconsistencies with the dome. ;) Ended up plotting out an idealized approach to my build in that respect. So i can appreciate the research and frustration that went into this. :)

Yeah, it's all about picking and choosing the elements you want. Can't get total consistency, that's for sure!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back