R.I.P. Jim Marshall

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

slimesquare

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
he will be missed, praying production quality doesn't go down.... I had a JCM800 and was the best amp I ever had next to my Mesa Boogie 2C+

jlee562

Sr Member
RIP.

I used to have the 15w Marshall Ministack which was a hilarious amp to own....wish I still had it. The JCM800 is still one of my faves (and it's the amp model I use most on my Valvetronix). Marshall shaped the sonic palette of rock and roll.

Apollo

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Somewhere in heaven it just got a little bit louder, and John Entwistle is rejoicing :(

TomSpinaDesigns

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Somewhere in heaven it just got a little bit louder
:thumbsup

I had a 72 or 73 master lead series in the early 90's, meandered for years with other amps and finally would up back with Marshall. I got their "Vintage Modern Combo" a few years ago and am absolutely in love with that amp.

Thanks for the tone, Jim!

Tom

NoTsOsErIoUs

Les Paul and Jim Marshall, a sound made in heaven now reunited there.

Met him once or twice at guitar conventions in London. Always seemed to have a lot of time for people. He'll be missed.

Apollo

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Not to take anything away from Jim but a lot of credit for the Volume has to go to Pete Townsend and John Entwistle.

After seeing what the other had just bought "Custom' from Jim the other would go in and say make mine louder