R.I.P. Eddie Money

0neiros

Master Member
I Read an article about the Coming apocalyse Rock and Roll is facing, as so many Big names are 70+ Bruce Sprinsteen is 70, Yikes.
He was known for being great with his fans
My favorite story is when he was in the studio working on "Take me home tonight", and said he just felt silly singing "Be My little Baby" sSo he thought Why not get little Ronnie herself to sing it? So he had his agent track her down and he calls her and introduces himself and says "So, what are you doing?" She replies "What am I doing? I'm doing the dishes that's what I'm doing." That song relaunched both of their careers.

Always liked his music. When I was a kid I saw him play at pine knob. Great show.

I didn't know that Ronnie Spector story. That's funny!

In another life, I worked in the music industry. Of all the musicians I would become acquainted with, Eddie was the one who never disappointed. Not just on a professional level but a personal one. Nothing pretentious; could've been your next door neighbor. Just a good spirit who loved music and wanted to share it.

I watched him play his saxophone (on a dirty loading dock) for a janitor's kids backstage once. "They love this!" He got as much joy out of playing with those kids as he did a packed house. At another event he signed autographs for St, Judes while in agonizing pain after a show. "What's a good catholic boy to do?!"

He was the type of guy who wouldn't jump on the bus until he found you and said goodbye. The last time I saw him he said, "Where's Rhonda?" (Rhonda is my wife) and we spent 20 minutes running her down just so he could say bye and sing the line "She's always been a good, good girl.." from one of his songs to her. Just the kinda guy who not only made you feel welcome and appreciated but included everyone in your orbit, too.

Very sad for his family and those who loved him.

-Ry

Lost another good one! I remember a story months ago where his daughter was saying he would pick them up at their Catholic School blasting "Highway to Hell".

So underrated and such a cool guy. I found out this morning seeing it come up on a news feed. It said "Eddie Money, 'Two Tickets to Paradise' singer dies". I was so pissed. He wasn't some one hit wonder. He was a great musician who wrote many great songs. May he rest in peace.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back