Quint's shark jaws from... Jaws

NeilDavies

Just wondering if anyone knows of or has made a replica of the shark jaws Quint has hung over his workshop window? Searched but didn't find anything. Maybe sculpted or even 3D printed? That is something I would very much like to see hung over my studio window... :)

Jaws_1975_011204.jpg

Jaws+Pic+002.jpg

Last edited:
Film quote "We're gonna need a bigger boat"

And you are going to need a bigger printer or the ability to break that in to smaller parts.

5 weeks later, one set of great white jaws.

Yeah, for the size to be right I thought it would have to be a multiple print job that would be pieced together. I don't have a 3d printer but I'll definitely look into the cost of getting it printed.

The question I have is, what kind of rendering does the model need to be printed? Can a 3D scan create a 3D model for a 3D print or is there more to this?

The question I have is, what kind of rendering does the model need to be printed? Can a 3D scan create a 3D model for a 3D print or is there more to this?

I know virtually nothing - but the scans the NHM have on SketchFab do say they are made to be printed, and they are .stl files which apparently is the standard for 3D printers.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back