Quint's Jacket From Jaws

kevin1701

I'm looking to get my son a replica of Quint's army jacket from Jaws. Anyone know where I could get the name printed over the right pocket?

I can't get the photo to load but it looks like standard military printing--last name over the pocket.

Last edited:
I belive it to be a m1941 or 1943 army field jacket. Might even be a korean war army jacket because of the drawsting at the waist.

I did a lot of research on this a few years back and ended up with the exact jacket. It's a Korean War era M-1951 Field jacket with the drawstring at the waist and buttons and zipper on the inside. They're on ebay pretty regularly but run big so size down.

16405-m51-jacket.jpeg

I did a lot of research on this a few years back and ended up with the exact jacket. It's a Korean War era M-1951 Field jacket with the drawstring at the waist and buttons and zipper on the inside. They're on ebay pretty regularly but run big so size down.

Well, I stand corrected. :thumbsup

Korean war, 1950-1953 would be the years you're looking for. Although the jacket was produced in the same style unaltered beyond that.

Want some other Quint gear?

Buy a yellow JAWS t-shirt.

Yes, I **** you not, this is Robert Shaw wearing a Jaws t-shirt. No photoshop, straight up:

ScreenShot2012-09-13at213821.png

How awesome is that?

Last edited:
Want some other Quint gear?

Buy a yellow JAWS t-shirt.

Yes, I **** you not, this is Robert Shaw wearing a Jaws t-shirt. No photoshop, straight up:

ScreenShot2012-09-13at213821.png

How awesome is that?

This isn't unusual at all. Spielberg had several of these shirts made for the cast and crew. There are pics floating around of Spielberg, Schrider and Dreyfuss wearing theirs as well.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back