Quils question for ya kitbuilders ( Update finished quills ) )

LV426 DeadEnd

Been working on My Narin AVP Elder Kit and would like some input from you guys on what you think of the quils that I've made for him so far before I go any further in adding more. Do you think there A.) Too thin B.) Too Long C.) Too Thick D.) Too short E.) Just right. My method was the o'l stretch the plastic strue over a hot candle that I learned way back when working on military vehicle models. Been filing down the ends too a point on my dremel which is a real pain in the ARSE Patience I tell my self "Young Weed Hopper" Maybe you have an easier way? Any input on this would greatly be appreciated on this from my fellow "Glue Sniffers" "Paint Slingers" and "Squire of the Kits" Links attached below. OHHH and yes I know he has one broken tusk We'll call him o'l "Broken Tusk" :)

IMG_0509.jpg.gif

"UPDATE"
IMG_0518.jpg.gif

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

Final quills update

Ok folks heres the Finished look with all of the quils. I didnt count, but theres gotta be over 200 on there at least. I pulled alott of the first quills off in the previous first photos because I didnt like how they looked. They werent filed too a point on the first ones, so pulled them and made new ones that were filed to a point. I'm pretty happy with how he turned out. I would just hate to punch this guy in the face Well let me know what you guys think of the final look! Next step will be sculpting a pony tail into the back of his dredds.

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

Looks good to me, but I'm not a resin artist.

Was thinking I should have made these Quills shorter but it's delicate work.

IMG_0078.jpg

Quills are definately delicate work, tell me about it my friend. Your's look outstanding on that Hot Toys Elder :) Still have quite a few left to install in the drilled holes on mine. Thanks for the comment and more updates too come.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back