Quick Zorg ZF-1 (Fifth Element) Scale Check

Ein

Sr Member
I'm thinking about making Zorg's ZF-1 gun from The Fifth Element. There are a few other threads on this, and I'll probably even make my own down the line if I dive into the project, but for now I've got a limited-scope question about size and scale. I'd be 3D printing pretty much the whole thing. I am actually already a few parts into printing it, but I decided I'd check the scale before I went too much farther, so I rendered the model, printed it out 1:1 and mounted it on cardstock.

The scale is based off the rocket part - someone took measurements of it in another thread, which gave me something to scale against.

Girlfriend thinks it's too big. I'm comparing it against shots of Gary Oldman holding the thing.

My reference is basically his forearm length from fingers to elbow, in which case I think I'm close?. But Gary Oldman is also 5'9", and I'm 6'2", and probably have longer arms, so I'm not sure if I'm going overboard scale-wise. Am I close here?

Last edited:
Very very close. The only thing that stands out....... it appears if the barrel assembly is pointing up a few degrees from the main body when you look at it from the side. Something easily fixed. Im sure you glued it together to get a feel for the basic scale.

Looking forward to this build as its an Icon weapon and it looks like you have the skills to pull it off!

Looks right to me. Can't wait to see it done, I've always liked that gun!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Looks good to me as well. As a big fan of the movie, I'll be watching this thread. :)
Just DON'T PRESS THE RED BUTTON! ;):lol

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back