Quick Question About Useing Rare Earth Magnets On Bio Mask .

mattrendar

im trying to use rare earth magnets to hold my bio in place on my predator mask . does any one have any tutorials on how to do this . any help would be great !

im trying to use rare earth magnets to hold my bio in place on my predator mask . does any one have any tutorials on how to do this . any help would be great !

I glued one set of magnets to the inside of the bio, and the other set to the inside of the mask. They'll lock together right through the mask.

Just make sure you get the polarities right, or they will repel each other instead.

I glued one set of magnets to the inside of the bio, and the other set to the inside of the mask. They'll lock together right through the mask.

Just make sure you get the polarities right, or they will repel each other instead.

How did you glue yours to the bio? I glued mine using hot glue but once it was set and the magnets attracted together I pulled them away and they detached themselves from the bio. I re-glued them the same way but the pulled away again.

Also, what size magnets did you use?

Sorry to nag, just curious fella

I use earth magnets on my bios.
I use 20mmx3mm any thinner and they wont be strong enough.

I use a flexible superglue to glue 2 magnets into the top of the crown and two in the jaw of the latex mask.
Then, I put the other magnets onto the outside of the mask (using ONLY the magnetic power to do this, then using a marker, number them so you know which one is which, just incase the polarity varies due to the way in which you glued the ones to the inside of the mask.
The way that I used to do the next step works, but not as well as the way that I do it now, You take a small square of camping roll mat (slightly larger than the magnets) and glue this to the side of the magnet with the marker on it (do it one at a time then put back in place so you dont mix them up) then put the two magnets on the crown first with the mat attatched and put some strong glue on the mat and put the bio in place and apply pressure until the glue has set, then repeat the same process for the magnets in the jaw.

What I do now is the same as but instead of using camping matt, I put a small ball of epoxy putty on each magnet, push the bio on, this squashes the ball of putty to the EXACT size of the void between bio and mask, I then take the bio off and allow putty to dry, then, I use 2 part epoxy adhesive and mix some up and let it thicken and put a blob onto the dried epoxy putty, then put the bio back in place, the sticky adhesive will mark EXACTLY where on the bio the magnets need to be, so I then put some more epoxy adhesive onto the bio, I then wait again for the adhesive to thicken some more so there will be no chance of it dripping onto my latex mask (you could always cover the latex mask with cling film prior to starting to avoid **** ups.
Then I just press the bio into place and leave it to let the adhesive cure fully, then I remove the bio and tidy the magnets up with some more epoxy putty.

I hope this helps, when I get a chance, i'll take some pics so you can see what the hell i'm talking about lol.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400099682440?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

This guy is the cheapest and most reliable that I have found so far, he also does smaller and larger quantities.

I have, yes, they are just as good as the ones I get from the UK, only diferences are shipping time, it can sometimes take a few weeks for the ones from China to turn up, also, they have to travel alot further and get handled more and if they are not packed very well (sometimes they are simply in a jiffy bag) then they are more likly to break in transit.
The link you put up is from a seller that does not have a "buy it now" price, so it's not guaranteed that you will get them for that price, I'm not saying dont go for them as they are just as good and they do work out cheaper from that particular seller if nobody else bids.

No that fine, just wondered if they were any good or the were rubbish. Been thinking about the delivery distance and length of delivery (time wise), so might just go for the £16 ones plus you get more for the money.

i ran into a situation like that. but the problem with me was where i put the bio on. the Hot glue on the magnet that was inside the mask kept coming off i couldnt get the magnets off the bio if i tried the hotclue stuck to mine quite well.

How did you glue yours to the bio? I glued mine using hot glue but once it was set and the magnets attracted together I pulled them away and they detached themselves from the bio. I re-glued them the same way but the pulled away again.

Also, what size magnets did you use?

Sorry to nag, just curious fella

Sorry for the delay in answering . . . .

I used superglue to glue them in, by putting glue around the edges.

As for size, just use whatever you can find. You can always glue in more sets of magnets if you need them.

thank you! That is what I love about this forum, I can usually find a really good answer for my next step(s) without having to ask. :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back