Qui Gon Jinn's Lightsaber: Screen Accurate?

KaanE

Sr Member
Hello all, some of you may remember I asked a few weeks ago for some reference pics of the Qui's lightsaber. Well, obviously I was working onto creating the most accurate Qui Gon Jinn's lightsaber replica. I started working with some known measures to create my own templates and I wanted to share these with you before investing the money on it. Well, first of all is a general blueprint of the lightsaber and then a 3D render of the black pieces. My plan is to build three individual pieces for the resin casts with a .375" hole for the rod, and machine the emmiter in aluminium, as well as the sleeve (which would be made with a 42mm OD with a 2mm wall thickness).

Untitled-2.jpg

Image.jpgImage2.jpg

What do you think? What would you change or... What is bothering you?

Help me please... And thank you for watching! ;)

Something about your pommel isn't sitting quiiiite right with me. But I've probably been looking at the inaccurate MR pommel for too long is all! Otherwise looks great. Were the originals all resin?

Do you think it should be completly flush? From the pics I have, the pommel looks to start at half the sleeve thickness... First is the Hero, second a Stunt:

1.jpg2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you're right, I have to modify the pommel a little bit, but I think it's not completly flush. Am I wrong?

This is one of my fave sabers, but I feel like the pommel is a slippery thing to nail down. I think your second drawing is better, but I'm still not quiiiite seeing what I see on the prop. Perhaps the "softening" of the casting process affected it, and that's what I'm seeing? I dunno.

You're right actually, I was misremembering the reference pics. Your second version looks much closer, but still not quite as rounded as the original perhaps.

much better, the softer edges help...let me see what I have here. I don't think that last part before the circle cap is a bevel, it looks rounder

qui6.jpgqui2.jpg

Here are two pictures taken by me where you can actually see what's happening in there. I forgot I had taken those... Will make a new version ASAP.

Untitled-2.jpg

Last edited:
This is all I could find :

and then a little PS to lighten the details :

Alas this lightsaber still does not appeal to me ... but I'm looking forward to your skills in making the most screen-accurate :)

Chaim

Thank you Chaim! I think I got it, maybe a small mod to the curvature of the central ring and that's it!

Untitled-2.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back