Questions about Spider-Man emblems

BenFilms

I'm working on a Spidey suit and was originally planning on using 2mm EVA foam for the emblems, but I fear that it will tear easily. I don't have the budget to cast emblems, so I thought about cutting the emblems out of some sort of rubber sheet. But, I'm not sure what kind of rubber is best and I'm not sure where I could find both black and red for front and back emblems. Also, if anyone knows what glue works best for the rubber that would be great. (I attached the emblem design files I'm planning on using, in case that matters)

Attachments

• Romita Sr (post death of gwen) Spider-Man emblem.png
    Romita Sr (post death of gwen) Spider-Man emblem.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 244
  • Classic Spider-Man back emblem.png
    Classic Spider-Man back emblem.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 194
Ok this is very late, but if you still need advice, I used foam on my first suit and it worked great, though I think what I used was a bit thicker than 2mm. Just plastidip them for added protection. I used regular gel Loctite superglue and for smaller emblems it works just fine.
3.png
4.png

However, for larger emblems, which I'd say your back logo qualifies as, as well as if you're using rubber, use this stuff called Gear Aid Aquaseal. I used it for my advanced suit emblem and though it's a bit messy it's more flexible than superglue.
IMG_20231007_150144162.jpg

Thanks! I already finished the suit I was working on. I did something pretty similar to the foam emblems, I just glued some more durable material on the back of them so they wouldn't tear as easily (idk what the material was exactly, some sort of mat meant to put on shelves or something) But I'll keep that Gear Aid Aquaseal stuff in mind for future suits.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back