questions about airbrushes

Monkeythe13th

Ok I just got an central pneunatic professional airbrush and I have a few questions about cleaning

1. How often should I clean the airbrush?

2. can i use water to clean the airbrush.

What should I use to lube the airbrush?

vasoline or sum lube that holds up and doesnt run down inside your gunbut only in the portion of the gun that controls your forward/backward needle movment.DO NOT add lube anywhere from the ink cap to the tip of the needle.u only want lube where the mechanics of the gun are....keep the needle,fluid nozzle and air nozzle clean and dry!water can b used to clean your gun out if your spraying water based products.if your using like urethane or solvent based paint u will want to use a thinner or reducer to clean it out.if your spraying a latex like product water will help but i always end up tearin my gun apart and cleaning it with a extra needle and small brushes.

depends what type of paints you are using as to wheather ya can use water or not,i use badger airbrush cleaner it awesome,also are you familiar with how to "back flush" your airbrush?best way to do it.cheers

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back