Question: Weathering Cross Blade Ports on a Kylo Saber

silverskyes402

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Title kinda says it all, ive been building a Korbanth Crossguard saber and am starting the weathering/finish, and am wondering what people have done to get the gold/blue "burn" effect on the cross guards. Any help or tutorials would be great. Thanks!

Not on a Korbanth, but on my own Kylo I use an airbrush and translucent lacquers. I spun the quillions in my lathe and hit them with a few different passes. Had to do it a bunch of times before I was happy

I've done it a few different ways for commissions of mine. This is a recent one I did... I used an airbrush with createx pearlized paints and I also thinned some citadel paints to run it through my airbrush.

I started with a Vallejo as the silver base, then airbrushed a thin layer of blue, then red, then a red-orange, then plain orange, then yellow, then gold. Then, I touched it up with my airbrush with black. Finally, the weathering was done with black acrylics and testors copper, and then sealed up.
57326217_1019421744934545_7608596747400511488_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg

I've done it a few different ways for commissions of mine. This is a recent one I did... I used an airbrush with createx pearlized paints and I also thinned some citadel paints to run it through my airbrush.

I started with a Vallejo as the silver base, then airbrushed a thin layer of blue, then red, then a red-orange, then plain orange, then yellow, then gold. Then, I touched it up with my airbrush with black. Finally, the weathering was done with black acrylics and testors copper, and then sealed up.View attachment 1011591

That looks great

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back