Question: Star Trek Voyager PADD

Ratbone

Hi...
I want to build a small PADD from Star Trek Voyager as a birthday present for a friend. Not very tricky to build, I think.
My problem is the accurate size and thickness.
I've found various information. 4'' x 6'' or 4.25'' x 6.25'' (for a TNG PADD) and some smaler and larger templates.
4'' x 6'' seems to be very large... compared with pictures from the tv show. Maybe its just me and the "in TV everything looks different" thing.
I have already used the search function and google. But as I said, I found various sizes.
The color is also a small problem. I think its a grey-silver color.
But in a few pictures it seems rather gray.

Can someone help me with the screen accurate size and thickness of the small voyager PADD?

Harrens_theorem.jpg

greetings
Ratbone

I would highly recommed laser cutting to get the nice clean curves on the display screen and internal cut outs.

What sort of deadline are you on with getting this made?

I may have a laser cut set of PADD parts if you wanted to buy them rather than trying to cut them yourself?

Voyager PADD.jpg

Hi Ratbone,

on my HD I found this graphic. Don't care about the dimensions in mm, they are not correct. Just print it in 4" x 6" and you've got a template.

Keep on trekking

Dietrich

Thank you guys :)
So 4'' x 6'' is correct, ok. Bigger than i thought. :lol

@ renaissance_man ...there is more than a month time to build it. I will try to cut it myself... I do not have access to a lasercutter. I will try to cut styrene with a hobbyknife. But I keep your offer in mind :) Thank you.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back