Question Regarding Painting Masks

gmc rfc 06

Hi guy's, I've been on the site for a little bit without actually posting so I figured I might as well start somewhere.

Masks are something I've never really bothered with, the only things I have around are different bio helmets which I think happen to look pretty sleek in a modern-style spare room. However, a friend of mine has had a P1 mask for a while and it's still sitting in a raw state, I decided it would be worth taking off his hands as it would be a very nice one-off display piece.

My question here is, I'm used to hand-painting bio's and other things, but I haven't dealt with latex before. I've read up and it seems like air-brushing is the best way to go, but I am much more comfortable painting by hand. The paint-up's that can be seen on here are pretty mind-blowing, but most seem to be air-brushed. With latex, will acrylic paint layer nicely and allow for smooth blends or am I best grabbing a full on air-brush kit? If this has been asked numerous times and I've missed it, apologies.

There are numerous threads on this subject, you just have to keep looking. I have always handpainted my latex suits and usually use a combination of acrylic paints mixed with latex for elasticity. You also will need Pros aide to prime the surface of latex before and Perma wet to seal it when finished. These can be purchased through the Monster Makers website.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back