Question regarding Bandai Paint Guide

Jimmer

I'm really showing my complete lack of knowledge here, but I was looking at the color guide for the Bandai X-wing and for the pilot suit it says to use "70% orange and 30% flat base". What is it referring to as "flat base"? I located a paint guide that gives the corresponding color of paint for different companies but flat base only shows up under "Aqueous Hobby Color".

Again, sorry for the dumb question - I'm sure the answer is so obvious I should probably be banned from model building entirely.

Flat Base is a clear additive to make gloss paint flat. I assume it's suggested to make sure the suit has no shine to it, if you're using an orange that's flat enough you'll be fine without it.

Jimmer,

Hey I always painted the orange suite - model master international orange. No mixing paint needed. It always looks pretty good to me.

Thanks!

Flat Base is a clear additive to make gloss paint flat. I assume it's suggested to make sure the suit has no shine to it, if you're using an orange that's flat enough you'll be fine without it.

Jimmer,

Hey I always painted the orange suite - model master international orange. No mixing paint needed. It always looks pretty good to me.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info, guys.

I'll give the Model Master Inter. Orange a try, Angrytrooper.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back