Question on bolsey flash

kevin926

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
What's the going rate for a Bolsey #2 flash nowadays? Praco is a unicorn and or very expensive and I've seen great sabers made from the Bolsey

Number 2 Bolseys don't seem to come up as much ,but they do from time to time
Thanks in advance

What's the going rate for a bolsey #2 flash nowadays? Praco is a unicorn and or very expensive and I've seen great sabers made from the Bolsey

Thanks in advance
I've seen them anywhere from $60 to $160 lately. I think I have a Bolsey body and/or pieces from similar flashes that could be helpful. Feel free to PM me if interested.

like Jgattonll has mentioned, ive seen them around that price as well

for the record, i bought my praco flash (100% accurate) for 35 bucks, it was in a ebay lot with a bunch of other flashes. i swear more finds are found this way. keep an eye out for flash lot auctions

I’ve bought several this past year in the $50 - $100 range. Haven’t seen many lately but there were a few weeks where I saw like 6. The timing is just random.

like Jgattonll has mentioned, ive seen them around that price as well

for the record, i bought my praco flash (100% accurate) for 35 bucks, it was in a ebay lot with a bunch of other flashes. i swear more finds are found this way. keep an eye out for flash lot auctions
How long ago was that

Do you have all the other parts needed for the conversion? Grips, oil pan? Pem nut?

Yeah. The oil pan isn't a perfect replica, but it looks good. All my memories of this have floated away, but the oil pan may be from someone here. I don't fully remember. You can see on the side by side below how it's bulkier.

YodaVD.jpg

Here are the last two I built. The grips are correct (or very close to it, I can't remember if it's a millimeter or two off), and I have a bunch of the PEM nuts.

Yoda1.jpg
YodaBack.jpg

Yoda2.jpg

Yeah. The oil pan isn't a perfect replica, but it looks good. All my memories of this have floated away, but the oil pan is from someone here, I believe. You can see on the side by side below how it's bulkier.

View attachment 1536347

Here are the last two I built. The grips are correct (or very close to it, I can't remember if it's a millimeter or two off), and I have a bunch of the PEM nuts.

View attachment 1536343 View attachment 1536345
View attachment 1536342
Came out awesome

I think I paid about 100 for my Bolsey a few years ago. I got my parts from sjanish.

Attachments

• 2F4FFDD7-21E7-4C5B-87DD-3ACB20CE1E8C.jpeg
    2F4FFDD7-21E7-4C5B-87DD-3ACB20CE1E8C.jpeg
    464.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 082D6254-19F7-4E83-A18E-C45040D4A326.jpeg
    082D6254-19F7-4E83-A18E-C45040D4A326.jpeg
    860.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 2A80EA59-3371-43CF-8B83-92E2BFBDAFCF.jpeg
    2A80EA59-3371-43CF-8B83-92E2BFBDAFCF.jpeg
    838.9 KB · Views: 60
I've seen them anywhere from $60 to $160 lately. I think I have a Bolsey body and/or pieces from similar flashes that could be helpful. Feel free to PM me if interested.
For what it's worth, I also confirmed I have one whole Bolsey, one missing the metal "button" on the side, and another flash that's very similar to a Bolsey but actually has the brass slotted machine screw like a Praco. I also have PEM nuts, various cast and/or 3D designed/printed parts, etc.

Picked one up off fb marketplace a few days ago for $30, cheapest I've found in a long time. Only others I've found recently are in the $70-80 range. Still haven't found a praco though :(

Looks like I have everything with the exception of the PEM and bolt or screw under it. If anyone has a set, please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Ps
What are we using for grips?

I've got a couple extra pem nuts laying around and some of the carb jets on order that should be delivered tomorrow. For the grips I use pvc pipe cut, sanded, and painted. There are some rubber replica grips out there too that I'm sure are more accurate. Just finished my mini-yoda saber recently. Once the carborator jets come in I can send you both.
20220206_091248~3.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back