Question - Han Solo DL-44 CE

broboore

Can someone tell me exactly what the origins of this blaster is? I've been researching it for a few weeks. I know that it's 10-15 years old. I see that it says CE. It seems that there was a line of Master Replicas called CE. There is also a parts company called CE which stand for Corellian Exports. I'm just not sure what this blaster is attributed to.

I don't have it in my possession yet so this is the main picture I have.

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• 90471601_1080205345699123_4112337998014578688_n.jpg
    90471601_1080205345699123_4112337998014578688_n.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 142
Yes, MR had a CE line - Collectors Edition. They were less expensive versions of some of their lightsabers as they were made with cheaper materials, but I don’t recall them offering a CE blaster...

Based on the CE logo and the display, I would venture that it’s a Corellian Exports blaster. Paging Corellianexports is this one of yours?

Sean

Yes, it looks like one of the early resin blasters I put together for a customer, complete with display case and plaque.
It may even come with a rare, signed certificate of authenticity.

Yes, it looks like one of the early resin blasters I put together for a customer, complete with display case and plaque.
It may even come with a rare, signed certificate of authenticity.

Thank you for the quick reply. The seller swears to me that it has metal parts. Were they all resin?

Thank you for the quick reply. The seller swears to me that it has metal parts. Were they all resin?
It's a little hard to tell just from the one photo, but looking at the second photo, it's possible that the Mauser is a Denix.
And if I'm not mistaken, the flash hider looks like a Mark Worley version. The flash hider was machined as one piece (bull barrel and flash hider together). It could be one of his kits, which was mostly machined aluminum. Only the grills were resin, although I remember casting some of them in metal years ago. Also, it looks like the grips are real wood and the Denix was modified slightly to fit them. Again, it's hard to tell from just the one photo.

And I think I recognize that guy in the photo. He's a long time 501st member and R2builder. You can trust him. :)

...and yes, he's also Santa Clause. :p

Thanks guys! I can't wait to get my blaster from Santa! (no beard shaming!)

Here are some other pics.

Attachments

• 90441208_1920998874720776_5204478332334243840_n.jpg
    90441208_1920998874720776_5204478332334243840_n.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 90528264_1021882681539234_3907070245239521280_n.jpg
    90528264_1021882681539234_3907070245239521280_n.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 87
Yes, that's definitely a Denix Mauser that was modified slightly to fit the wood grips. The grips were stained a dark brown.
I used a Mark Worley kit that included all machined aluminum parts. The only parts that might be resin are the upper cradle parts and possibly the grill. The grill might be cast metal.

Overall a very nice blaster. If you need some one to touch it up, feel free to send me a pm. I wouldn't mind working on it, again.

Yes, that's definitely a Denix Mauser that was modified slightly to fit the wood grips. The grips were stained a dark brown.
I used a Mark Worley kit that included all machined aluminum parts. The only parts that might be resin are the upper cradle parts and possibly the grill. The grill might be cast metal.

Overall a very nice blaster. If you need some one to touch it up, feel free to send me a pm. I wouldn't mind working on it, again.

Is that a good thing? I've never owned a prop before but have always wanted a DL44. I might just take you up on that, but I need to get it in my possession first. Is there anything glaringly obvious that you would fix from the pics?

If I had it, I would paint the muzzle black and weather it, but that's just me. :)

I'd recommend that once you have it, compare it to some reference photos and then decide if you want to make any changes to it.
The best reference photo I have is from the Chronicles book. I typically use that to weather the right side of the blaster.

If I had it, I would paint the muzzle black and weather it, but that's just me. :)

I'd recommend that once you have it, compare it to some reference photos and then decide if you want to make any changes to it.
The best reference photo I have is from the Chronicles book. I typically use that to weather the right side of the blaster.
PM'ed

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back