Question for Snowtrooper Experts

ShackMan

Sr Member
I was asked the other day if I knew the model of gun used/carried by the Snowtroopers in ESB. Can anyone out there answer that?

Thanks,

ATM
ShackMan

Originally posted by ShackMan@Jan 13 2006, 09:26 PM
I was asked the other day if I knew the model of gun used/carried by the Snowtroopers in ESB.  Can anyone out there answer that?

Thanks,

ATM
ShackMan
[snapback]1158603[/snapback]​

....pretty sure it was based on German MP44.......

MP44-a.jpg

as far as i know, the snowtroopers carried the regular E11. many of the rebel troops carried the rifle made from the german sturmgewehr (mp43/44)

Originally posted by darcjedi@Jan 13 2006, 10:26 PM
as far as i know, the snowtroopers carried the regular E11.  many of the rebel troops carried the rifle made from the german sturmgewehr (mp43/44)
[snapback]1158643[/snapback]​

....You're correct....I was thinking of the Rebel Hoth Troops....my bad. :$

....the snowtroopers did carry the E 11....that and the big, honkin' E-Web.

Thanks for the info guys. I was asked by someone who mentioned the vintage toy figure having a long rifle ... guys it was only for the toy. Either way, *I* couldn't remember.

Thanks again,

ATM
ShackMan

Originally posted by ShackMan@Jan 14 2006, 08:51 PM
the vintage toy figure having a long rifle ... guys it was only for the toy.ATM
ShackMan
[snapback]1159347[/snapback]​

that old kenner snowtrooper came with Kenners version of the mg42. Not acurate for the movie but thats what the toy came with.

Steven

Originally posted by lonepigeon@Jan 14 2006, 05:28 AM
Specifically they carried the ESB stunt E-11's just like the ones offered by Stromtrooper in the junkyard:
http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?...topic=99867&hl=
[snapback]1158732[/snapback]​

Yup, that's the one... thanks for the plug Chris :D

Here are a couple more pics of Snowtroopers carrying E-11 'Stunt' blasters:

snowtrooper1.jpg

snowtrooper2.jpg

***EDIT Whoops, just read Shackman's post about it being the *long rifle* that came with the action figure... not the ESB 'stunt' E-11 blaster :$
I think it was just another case of Kenner using 'artistic licence' by including the rifle with the Snowtroopers... kinda like the AT-AT Drivers having rifles, despite never seeing 'em in the movie... EDIT***

Cheers,
John

MG-42 ... that's what the guy said it was (again, based on the figure). Guess he had it right, just not screen-accurate. ;)

Thanks again guys,

ATM
Shack

<div class='quotetop'></div>
Specifically they carried the ESB stunt E-11's[/b]

Just to cover the whole subject , Snowtroopers also carried ESB 'Hero' E11, at least one of them :)

snowhero.jpg

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back