Question for real Sterling owners

Xhiwar

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I recently got an MR E-11, and I really like it, although it's static (but from what I know, that can be changed).

Now, I can't figure out how the folding stock is attached in open position on the real sterlings. Does it attach to the end cap in some way?

Thanks a lot

Xhiwar

those funny grooves in the endcap, well, there happens to be the mates to these on the stock, so when it folds out the endcap compresses in an 1/8th inch and it snapps into a locked position. That bottom tab thing, well that releases the endcap, allowing it to release tension on the stock, and lets you fold it back up.

Here are some quick pics to help you visualize what's going on:

bracket1A.jpg

bracket2A.jpg

Hope that helps some.

Thanks to WC for hosting

-Fred

Great information guys :thumbsup Thanks for the pics Gigatron. This forum is proving to be an incredible source of information.

Xhiwar,

You mention that the MR E-11 can be changed from "static" to functional.

I know a spring can be added to the trigger so that it moves. Do you (or anyone) know if the folding stock can be made functional?

Thanks,

Prefect42

Thanks for the info Jimbo and Gigatron.

I was told that you can make the MR E-11 "functional", meaning that you can move the trigger (although you'll have to add a spring), make the stock working (don't know if it will stay open, as there seem to be no "tabs" to lock into the endcap) and even make the mag removeable. Don't know how though, but it seems that you have to completely take the blaster apart to do so.

I'm trying to find out how to do this, as it'd add to the fun factor of the E-11. ;)
Will post if I find out how.

Xhiwar

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back