Question about using Pepakura Viewer

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Germaniac, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Germaniac

Germaniac New Member

Hi @all,

not sure if thats the right place, so be gentle plz ;)

I'm tinkering around with an Mass Effect Helmet and this is what Pepakura Viewer shows me:

[​IMG]

I printed out the 16 pages, but I dont understand the pieces in the red circle. Are these extra pieces I also have to print (how?) or are these pieces already on the 16 pages and just there to better illustrade the conncetions between the pieces?

thx in advance and with kind regards
    Florian

2. Yrien

Yrien Well-Known Member

Whoever unfolded the file determined that those parts were unnecessary for the build. You usually see this with pepakura files intended to be built with foam. Since the foam is thicker than paper, you don't usually need the "edge" pieces because the thickness of the foam provided enough of an edge.

Good luck with your build!

3. blue2k

blue2k Well-Known Member

Usually those are unneeded artifacts from when it was converted from a cardstock to foam build. Foam is way more flexible than the cardstock, so parts can be more easily joined with a little heat treat or bending. 16 pages also sounds about right for a typical helmet (even if you are using cardstock).

4. ApophisV

ApophisV Active Member

If you are unsure if you will need the pieces for your build you still could download Pepakura Designer and move them to the printing area (given that the file isn't password locked)! Designer allows to rearrange elements and print them, you simply won't be able to save the changes!