Question about tie fighter

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

steven giunta

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Not sure if this is the correct place for this but I was hoping someone could help me.im looking for a model and or part list that ilm used to create a tie fighter.amy help would be much appreciated.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Bigturc

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Before this gets out of control .. cough cough .. I really suggest you read around this forum, search for tie fighter threads, search for that exact same question that you're asking and check where it is generally going! :)

That being said, there's no such list .. there is no good SS kit easily available right now .. EFX is doing there as a finished product, and there's Fine Molds and others around .. nothing SS though. Niesen was producing one, but that's a thread you can read about in the Stickied(top of the forum).

Read, Search and do your Homework, that'll solve most of the easy questions :)

Good luck!

steven giunta

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Does anyone know what models they used on the cockpit?im trying to build the part just behind the window,but I can't find any info on it.any help would be much appreciated.

Scott Graham

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
There's not much in that cockpit beside what's in that link I shared. I think that's about the most that is known about it. I think the base the parts are on is scratched in styrene.

Last edited:

steven giunta

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
There's not much in that cockpit beside what's in that link I shared. I think that's about the most that is known about it. I think the base the parts are on is scratched in styrene.
i can't get on to that forum,I tried to sign up but it says therez a block on new membership,I wrote the guy in charge about joining and he responded but
Only asked to see pics of stuff I've done.i really didn't have much to show,a few small models.i been painting and sculpting 1/6 scale heads for years and only recently got into models.so I don't have much of a portfolio

rbeach84

Sr Member
i can't get on to that forum,I tried to sign up but it says therez a block on new membership,I wrote the guy in charge about joining and he responded but
Only asked to see pics of stuff I've done.i really didn't have much to show,a few small models.i been painting and sculpting 1/6 scale heads for years and only recently got into models.so I don't have much of a portfolio

Yeah, I asked about getting membership via the protocol on the StudioScaleModelers site and haven't heard anything in near 4 weeks. Don't expect I will; or perhaps the dude passed away. :^(

Regards, Robert

steven giunta

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yeah, I asked about getting membership via the protocol on the StudioScaleModelers site and haven't heard anything in near 4 weeks. Don't expect I will; or perhaps the dude passed away. :^(

Regards, Robert
I actually did hear back from the guy,he signed me up a few weeks back.

rbeach84

Sr Member
Well, then perhaps I'm being too impatient! I will try and do better in the future. :^P
Thanks, Steven.

Regards, Robert