Question about the value of my prop collection

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by ColRam425, Jul 24, 2015.

1. ColRam425

ColRam425 New Member

Hello, I apologize if this is not the correct forum to post this but I've been a pretty big collector of prop replicas in the past but I've been out of the game for awhile now and I'm considering selling off my collection, though I have no idea what things are worth these days. This post is not a solicitation to sell my props, merely it is so I can have some research of my own to determine if I want to sell later on.

2. Lost in Trek

Lost in Trek Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Have you checked the sold listings on Ebay?

3. Rylo

Rylo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Agreed. Ebay sets the tone. I'll go a step further and say this sort of post always hits me as dubious. Especially when when it's someone's first post who claims to have been a pretty big prop collector. It comes across as a fishing expedition more than anything else...second, it's almost as if to say, "Hello, this is my first post here...I've contributed zero to the community but would like to use you as a free appraisal service."

Regardless, the answer to "What's something worth?" will always be the same. Whatever the market allows.

It's all relative, anyway.

I suggest the wonderful search feature we have here if someone would like to research a particular item's value. We've got almost two decades of research within these pages. That, along with Ebay should be more than sufficient to gauge the value of whatever.

-Rylo

4. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Or just list them on the Bay, pretty straight forward.......

5. Rylo

Rylo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Even better! :thumbsup