Question about Star Trek TNG LCARS and polarized sheets

JakeConhale

In Star Trek TNG, before they were able to start embedding and synchronizing monitors into the sets, they were able to use polarized filters and spinning motors to generate looping animations to give the set a little "life".

I'm working on some LCARS replicas and found something curious. In this clip, you can see Wesley Crusher making adjustments in engineering.

The plasma conduit graphic at the bottom looks about how I'd expect - about 8 different polarized alignments allowing for a flowing effect into the nacelles. However, the nacelles are unusual - the Bussard collectors are pulsing in a circular fashion. I've done some searching but haven't found anything yet for radially polarized sheeting, does anyone know if that is a real thing (and not just something they built for the set) and what it would be called?

In Star Trek TNG, before they were able to start embedding and synchronizing monitors into the sets, they were able to use polarized filters and spinning motors to generate looping animations to give the set a little "life".

I'm working on some LCARS replicas and found something curious. In this clip, you can see Wesley Crusher making adjustments in engineering.

The plasma conduit graphic at the bottom looks about how I'd expect - about 8 different polarized alignments allowing for a flowing effect into the nacelles. However, the nacelles are unusual - the Bussard collectors are pulsing in a circular fashion. I've done some searching but haven't found anything yet for radially polarized sheeting, does anyone know if that is a real thing (and not just something they built for the set) and what it would be called?
Friend Michael Okuda on FB, he made those. - mh

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back