Question about Nostromo Upholstery paint colors

uscsscostaguana

Hey all! At my job, we are working on a project building a life-size replica of the corridors of the Nostromo from Alien (1979) and part of the Bridge. I’m seeking some assistance in identifying a Pantone or pms codes for colors that can be seen in the Nostromo bridge.

Specifically, I’m looking for this green/blue/grey color that you can see on the upholstered panels and surrounding ceiling panels in the Bridge. I’ve included some photos. Any help/direction would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 00-23-20.png
    00-23-20.png
    566.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Set Photo 08.jpg
    Set Photo 08.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Set Photo 07.jpg
    Set Photo 07.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Set Photo 05.jpg
    Set Photo 05.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Set Photo 03.jpg
    Set Photo 03.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 01-39-01 Details.png
    01-39-01 Details.png
    670 KB · Views: 30
  • 01-28-00.png
    01-28-00.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 30

joberg

Master Member
Very hard question to answer; if you don't have a grey scale next to those colors your bet is as good as mine. Lighting will change everything!!
Looking at behind the scene, I think that the general color used in the corridor/upholstery, instrument panel was a dark grey.
Here, in that picture, the "pail"(bottom right hand side) is black, as you can see, the walls are dark grey.
pND8tIa.jpg

Same with the bridge under construction (upper ceiling)
LGO6yUt.jpg

As you can see, the upholstery surrounding the instrument panels looks greenish in color. Again, the lighting will play tricks on you.

Ceiling/ceiling monitors are painted in that same dark grey. As you can see, the round parts holding the metal pipes are black. The ones holding the red pipes are of the same grey.
Urtgdok.jpg

The upholstery surrounding the instrument panels could be a hue of ochre and a light military green. Some stations on the flight deck:
T4SE8FC.png

As you can see above, the panel at the left hand side and monitor are both black.

It's quite the endeavor to re-create all of that: you have my sincere admiration.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.