Question about making a spidey mask; in particular the scarlet spider

n0regret5

Sr Member
Hey guys. I've done a fair bit of searching but can't find what I'm after.... My original Halloween costume plan fell through (thanks to composite effects 'not offering' a particular latex appliance 'for this Halloween season' (*cough BS cough*, so I've decided to tackle the scarlet spider. Looking at getting a zentai suit, blue hoodie, and making the rest.

Here's the question; how do I do the mask? Specifically the eyes. What's a good material or fabric to use? Any tips would be massively appreciated. Cheers :)

What I used to make my Spidey eyes (and what most other people use) are a sheet of urethane, I printed out the shape I wanted for the eye, and the traced it onto the urethane and cut it out and sanded the edges smooth. And then a "splatter screen", I had on laying around the house but you can get them at walmart or anywhere like that, and then a piece of clear plastic (like the plastic from a toy package or something like that).

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back