Question about Bio idea

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

JoeSomebody369

Hey everyone,

I wanted to start making another suit after the semester this year and hopefully get done in time for one of the comic cons. This time though I wanted to do just a bio mask no half mask and no full mask underneath. I stumbled upon Macguyvers bio concept in which he used a full coverage paintball mask as a base for his bio.

I found a full coverage paintball mask:
http://www.amazon.com/JT-Sports-Elite-Head...0318&sr=1-1

Not to bad price wise and its full coverage so I'll be able to add my own dreads. Now I was reading some of the comments and people were saying the lens tends to fog up while using. My question about using this helmet would you guys think the lens would fog while simply walking around outside at halloween time/being suited up at a comic con and would it be worth switching the lens out for thermal lens? I wouldn't think it would fog up while walking around though my first time suited up this halloween the inside of my mask was soaked just from moisture building up from breathing.

Basically I don't want to make the bio and have to switch the lens out after the fact (I dont even know if you'd be able to swap the lens out from the inside of the mask).

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

WTF are you

There is a spray and gel available that supposedly stops fogging up of lenses but the ammounts you are talking about im not sure how effective it will be. However when ive been snorkeling we use syliva and ive found my biker gogggles steaming up when riding so i tried the same on them using a cloth and it worked just the same. But if thats too nasty for you then go with the anti fogging spray/gel.

Anti Fogging spray and gel

Hope this helps!

MrMoosey

No experience with using them as a base for a bio, but I've played paintball for years and worn probably 10 different kinds of masks and some fog up the minute you put them on, and others you can wear in a sauna and they refuse to fog.

JT is a big brand you so can find plenty of replacement lenses that will have various colors/fog resisting abilities. The more expensive mask use 2-3 lenses with coatings to fight against fog.

Also, JT (and others by now I'm sure) make great Mask Fans that will help keep you cool and pretty much nullify the fog.

There is also a Huntorial somewhere around here that shows how to make a mask fan out of PC fans. Ill toss a link if I can find it.

If you are set on using a paintball mask as a base, Id check the paintball equipment review sites and see what the players have to say about good anti-fog mask for cheap.

Well now that I've actually posted something I should stop reading while skulking in the shadows and post something in the Intro thread...