Queen Ravenna Skull Dress

From what I've seen and heard Worbla seems a lot easier to work with then Wonderflex. and that headpiece looks good so far :)

Thank you! Yes, I am here to testify! This headpiece is the first prop I have attempted to make from scratch. Worbla is really easy to work with. The best part is if you mess up, just heat it and redo it. Plus, there is zero waste!!

That crown is looking badass! I love it. It'd make a great prop display.

Great work on the dress as well!

Chris

Thanks for all the interest and compliments on this :) Between working nights and having a nasty stomach virus, I have been unable to work on this for a couple of weeks. But I did some catching up in the last two days! Here are the progress pics of the crown and the headpiece. I added some more texture to the headpiece, sanded, painted, then added the jewels. I am two jewels shy of being complete (CRAP!!) I ended up drilling some holes in the crown in order to attach a metal headband with heavy gauge wire. This is to support the weight of the snake chains. The headpiece should cover the majority of the metal band. I'm not sure how I want to attach the headpiece to the crown yet.

After a day full of "Hey look! Squirrel!" moments, I finally got started on the sleeves for the dress. I also modified the crown a bit, choosing to replace the jewels I initially planned to use with some that fit better.

Both sleeves are done. I bought a pattern for the lower sleeves, but it might as well be in Chinese. I ended up making a pattern for the lower sleeves myself out of a bedsheet.

I probably sound like a broken record because everytime I see an update I just go "this is looking fantastic!" :lol But I do love seeing the progress and can't wait to see it all finished!

Ha ha, oh man I feel you on the patterns. I always end up making my own and somehow it turns out okay. Your sleeves look awesome, wish I'd thought of ribbon for the detail.

Oh I meant to show you progress on my Ravenna costume. I've actually redone the crown and the hair since the picture was taken, and I'll be wearing it at a con the weekend after next to see how it goes.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back