Unlimited Run Quasimodo - ANH / ESB / ROTJ Darth Vader helmet

I’m interested in an ESB for 501st Trooping. Are you still doing these?
Still doing them. Shoot me a PM to discuss, as the first post notes there is an extensive waiting list, so if you're looking to have one immediately you may have to look elsewhere.

Hello...
What would be the Cost of a ESB or RotJ Helmet?

And does the RotJ Helmet come with all separate parts for a "Reveal" Helmet or would someone have to cut the face mask part from the lower half?

Thank You.

Joe

Also... and I'm SURE this Question has been answered MANY times?
But WHY Did they paint the Original Helmets in SUCH a Weird, Two-Tone Scheme? Why not ALL BLACK or ALL Gun Metal?

Why the Two Colors and in SUCH a Strange way? Was it for Lighting and Shooting effects or what?
It just seems like a strange "Asymmetrical" Pattern?

If Someone could answer this I would Appreciate it?

Thanks.

Joe

Why the random choice of capital words?

They painted it two tones so the shapes of the helmet are seen on screen, as they did with the Maul robes being different black tones. A full black item would be too dark on screen.

I can’t stop staring at this thing! I mean, the TV’s off..... & who cares?! I finally have a Quasimodo ESB Darth Vader helmet in my house!!
39DCA40C-5E4D-4BD7-AAFB-6E227C794DBF.jpeg

9C6EE616-7479-42E3-8261-571FE1464BE1.jpeg

Why the random choice of capital words?

They painted it two tones so the shapes of the helmet are seen on screen, as they did with the Maul robes being different black tones. A full black item would be too dark on screen.
I guess it's just the way I write to express certain words or thoughts. That's all.

Ok Yea I thought that was the reason? I'm Assuming then that the helmet is supposed to LOOK "All Black" but they two tone paint was to give it more dimension on screen?

Joe

I guess it's just the way I write to express certain words or thoughts. That's all.

Ok Yea I thought that was the reason? I'm Assuming then that the helmet is supposed to LOOK "All Black" but they two tone paint was to give it more dimension on screen?

Joe
When they began filming ANH, the helmet was originally all black. But the problem was they couldn't light it well enough on film. So they handbrushed the gunmetal onto it. For subsequent movies they kept the same color scheme, but properly painted it two-tone.

It's a common misconception that Vader's mask is black. The only movie in which it is is ROTS.

If you took an OT Vader helmet and painted it all black, it really wouldn't look right and it would be harder to appreciate in photographs.

When they began filming ANH, the helmet was originally all black. But the problem was they couldn't light it well enough on film. So they handbrushed the gunmetal onto it. For subsequent movies they kept the same color scheme, but properly painted it two-tone.

It's a common misconception that Vader's mask is black. The only movie in which it is is ROTS.

If you took an OT Vader helmet and painted it all black, it really wouldn't look right and it would be harder to appreciate in photographs.
Yea I can see that now. I have an older plastic Deluxe Rubie's Costumes DV Helmet and it's all black and so is my "Black Series DV Helmet.

But when I set them up all next to each other... The two-tones ones stand our MUCH Nicer then just the all black!

Makes total sense that they brushed (graphite?) onto it as it seems the helmet in ANH is more "matte" where as in the other two OT films it is totally glossy.

I HAD to save this CLASSIC PIC!

GODS... I was SO BLOWN AWAY to my SOUL when I first saw STAR WARS Back in 1977. I was 12 and I was just... I can't even find the WORDS!

And at age 56... IT STILL EFFECTS ME the SAME WAY!

THEN a couple of years later... I got to SEE and MEET "David Prowse" at the Custom Auto Show at State Fair Park in West Allis Wisconsin.
I could NOT BELIEVE I'm meeting THE "DAVID PROWSE"!

I had this HUGE LIFE SIZE Poster of Darth Vader and He Signed it... "To Joe, May the FORCE be WITH YOU! David Prowse, Lord Darth Vader"

THAT was a PRIZED And HIGHLY COVETED thing for me and STILL IS!
I GOT TO MET "HIM"! THEY COOLEST BAD GUY EVER!!! PLAYED by the COOLEST and NICEST "GOOD GUY" {The Green Cross Man!} EVER!

And now... at age 56... I get to be "LORD VADER"! :D

AGAIN!... ANOTHER DREAM COME TRUE!

THANK the MAKER for GEORGE LUCAS! :D

To Everyone on RPF... MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU... ALWAYS!

Joe

Seems I missed a bit of a discussion here. Synz314 nailed the reasoning behind the two tone paint. The ROTS helmet being all black, I assume there were able to light it as they wanted digitally in post production.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back