Unlimited Run Quasimodo - ANH / ESB / ROTJ Darth Vader helmet

Re: Quasimodo - ANH / ESB Darth Vader helmet

I still really want the ESB Quasi and armour, but have to keep saving. 2 kids and a brutal Canada/US exchange rate makes it tough. Long as you guys are still selling though, I'll get there.

Sorry, I just saw this. I'd say write bookface. This applies to anyone interested with a post count less than 40.

We're basically mostly concerned if you're going to protect the helmet and armor from recasting. We've seen too many people with little to no post count get in on an offering, and the next thing you know, cheap polyurethane recasts appear on eBay.

Unlike other prop replicas or recasts, Quasimodo is a sculpture. This is not the result of duplicating something already existing like an eFX. Rather, there has been a great deal more study, time, research, and emotional investment into making it Additionally, because we're trying to make a difference in the life of a woman with disabilities, recasting harms that effort. I've had removed myself from the financial picture at the beginning of the project in hopes to help that woman out more, so someone pirating my sculpt would simply not be helping out a private philanthropic effort that's very personal to me.

See Post #1's section "Additionally, we can take the following into consideration..." - basically we're open to talking to you if you have longevity in the hobby at another website, and if you're aware of the negative impact of illicit recasting, and you'll help us protect this sculpt. :thumbsup

Sorry, I just saw this. I'd say write bookface. This applies to anyone interested with a post count less than 40.

We're basically mostly concerned if you're going to protect the helmet and armor from recasting. We've seen too many people with little to no post count get in on an offering, and the next thing you know, cheap polyurethane recasts appear on eBay.

Unlike other prop replicas or recasts, Quasimodo is a sculpture. This is not the result of duplicating something already existing like an eFX. Rather, there has been a great deal more study, time, research, and emotional investment into making it Additionally, because we're trying to make a difference in the life of a woman with disabilities, recasting harms that effort. I've had removed myself from the financial picture at the beginning of the project in hopes to help that woman out more, so someone pirating my sculpt would simply not be helping out a private philanthropic effort that's very personal to me.

See Post #1's section "Additionally, we can take the following into consideration..." - basically we're open to talking to you if you have longevity in the hobby at another website, and if you're aware of the negative impact of illicit recasting, and you'll help us protect this sculpt. :thumbsup

Still waiting for enough cash on hand to pick up an ESB Quasi with armour, life got in the way, but hoping for this year before Halloween. :p Question though, what's the story with the woman you're helping out? I've seen it mentioned in a few threads, but never saw the backstory...is it a confidential thing?

Thanks for the reply Mac. I was lucky enough to visit Paul a couple of weeks ago at his studio which happens to be be very close to where I live. I was very privileged to see the work you and Paul have done first hand and must say as a life long Vader fan you guys have nailed it! Looking at my EFX now, it looks more and more like a toy! Looking forward to placing my order very soon, only issue I have is whether to get the ANH or ESB first :confused decisions decisions :), cheers, Kris.

Last edited:

Thanks for the reply Mac. I was lucky enough to visit Paul a couple of weeks ago at his studio which happens to be be very close to where I live. I was very privileged to see the work you and Paul have done first hand and must say as a life long Vader fan you guys have nailed it! Looking at my EFX now, it looks more and more like a toy! Looking forward to placing my order very soon, only issue I have is whether to get the ANH or ESB first :confused decisions decisions :), cheers, Kris.

Amen. I agree with everything, except I don't think the EFX looks like a toy. It's a nice helmet but compared to this,..well there is just no comparison.

I have the same problem. Which do I get first? I think ESB since it's my preferred look although the ANH rough finish grew on me big time. Not because I like it so much but just because that is how he looked in the film. I originally wanted an idealized ANH Vader but the ANH look is so distinctive that I just love it now and idealized just looks off.

So ESB first, ANH second, and save for Jedi.

I can't wait to see their Jedi. It will probably be the first accurate Jedi ever as the differences are so subtle and ROTJ is my favorite so really looking forward to it.

Can't wait.

Tom

Still waiting for enough cash on hand to pick up an ESB Quasi with armour, life got in the way, but hoping for this year before Halloween. :p Question though, what's the story with the woman you're helping out? I've seen it mentioned in a few threads, but never saw the backstory...is it a confidential thing?

Thanks for asking about her. I met her at a sci-fi con, walking using a walker, and having a boat anchor of a camera and zoom lens around her neck. She was the kindest and sweetest woman I had met, almost like a cherub. We kept in touch over the years. And sometimes she’d be checked into The Mayo Clinic for some form of illness or cancer. An automobile accident years ago had her pretty smashed apart, and although she survived, the way her body functions is out of whack. One horse pill she has to take to manage one aspect of her illness deteriorates her liver, so that deterioration has to be counteracted with another medication - that kind of thing. But she always has something to giggle about. She’s an incredible woman.

Back in the day I wanted to do something for her, but my employment has never been really secure, so I needed to set something up with a prop maker to ideally help her financially, even in the smallest way possible. The phone conversation with her that was the tipping point for me was when she one day reflected on whether to buy food or buy medicine. I knew then I had to do something.

I realize some people in the past have doubted this story (well, mainly one or two who have a personal vendetta against me) so I’ve spoken with her to avail herself should the leader of any board need to verify medical records to ascertain that this is all true. It’s an invasion of privacy but she’s willing to back me as me, Paul and all of you who own our helmets and armor have backed her - and thank you all for believing in the vision!

Amen. I agree with everything, except I don't think the EFX looks like a toy. It's a nice helmet but compared to this,..well there is just no comparison.

I have the same problem. Which do I get first? I think ESB since it's my preferred look although the ANH rough finish grew on me big time. Not because I like it so much but just because that is how he looked in the film. I originally wanted an idealized ANH Vader but the ANH look is so distinctive that I just love it now and idealized just looks off.

So ESB first, ANH second, and save for Jedi.

I can't wait to see their Jedi. It will probably be the first accurate Jedi ever as the differences are so subtle and ROTJ is my favorite so really looking forward to it.

Can't wait.

Tom
Thanks for reply Tom.

Maybe I was a bit harsh on the EFX, I was more so trying to convey the vast difference in quality between my EFX and the Quasimodo. I do love my EFX for many reasons, and would probably never sell it, but after seeing Mac and Paul's work in person I have to say the quality is stunning!! Unfortunately Paul never had a ESB at hand when I visited his workshop before Christmas, so I couldn't do a side by side with the ANH to make a decision on which to get first, but as soon as he has one I will visit him again to make my decision.

Best regards,

Kris.

Thanks for asking about her. I met her at a sci-fi con, walking using a walker, and having a boat anchor of a camera and zoom lens around her neck. She was the kindest and sweetest woman I had met, almost like a cherub. We kept in touch over the years. And sometimes she’d be checked into The Mayo Clinic for some form of illness or cancer. An automobile accident years ago had her pretty smashed apart, and although she survived, the way her body functions is out of whack. One horse pill she has to take to manage one aspect of her illness deteriorates her liver, so that deterioration has to be counteracted with another medication - that kind of thing. But she always has something to giggle about. She’s an incredible woman.

Back in the day I wanted to do something for her, but my employment has never been really secure, so I needed to set something up with a prop maker to ideally help her financially, even in the smallest way possible. The phone conversation with her that was the tipping point for me was when she one day reflected on whether to buy food or buy medicine. I knew then I had to do something.

I realize some people in the past have doubted this story (well, mainly one or two who have a personal vendetta against me) so I’ve spoken with her to avail herself should the leader of any board need to verify medical records to ascertain that this is all true. It’s an invasion of privacy but she’s willing to back me as me, Paul and all of you who own our helmets and armor have backed her - and thank you all for believing in the vision!
Hi Mac.

I have to say being fortunate enough to be able to purchase one of yours and Paul's helmets I consider it to be a real privilege, but the icing on the cake is being able to help someone in the process!!

best regards,

Kris.

Thanks for reply Tom.

Maybe I was a bit harsh on the EFX, I was more so trying to convey the vast difference in quality between my EFX and the Quasimodo. I do love my EFX for many reasons, and would probably never sell it, but after seeing Mac and Paul's work in person I have to say the quality is stunning!! Unfortunately Paul never had a ESB at hand when I visited his workshop before Christmas, so I couldn't do a side by side with the ANH to make a decision on which to get first, but as soon as he has one I will visit him again to make my decision.

Best regards,

Kris.

I appreciate you clarifying. I think the eFX is a great helmet, because if it's great and people enjoy Quasimodo even more, then as an artist that is most rewarding - just like how people invited over to dinner might be blown away by the results of all the labor that goes into cooking haggis -- okay, bad example -- a restaurant-class prime rib roast and as the chef you couldn't be more pleased that everyone's happy. :$

I think that you'll enjoy your next visit to bookface. He will have been done with his move into a larger studio space, and if you time it right, you'll see all the Quasimodo ESBs. If you're lucky, you might get a sneak peak at the Quasimodo ROTJ. :)

Does anyone have any pictures with a quasimodo v2 esb helmet next to a finished darth ugly esb helmet? I am considering getting one but if I do not sure which one I would get.

Does anyone have any pictures with a quasimodo v2 esb helmet next to a finished darth ugly esb helmet? I am considering getting one but if I do not sure which one I would get.

If you have the money get QUASI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ugly is great for the money but the Quasi helmets are the best ever Vader helmets. Trust me. They are essentially perfect.

Tom

- - - Updated - - -

IMO of course.

ok so after reading many pages regarding this helmet my question is how accurate are they?

I did see on page one that accuracy was aimed on the ANH version but is it the same for ESB? and same question on accuracy goes for the armor?

I would really love to pull the trigger on both helmet and armor but just want to know prior to moving forward.

I have the ESB "Ugly" and it is amazing! Next to my ESB graflex and MR ESB Vader sabers, it is my favorite prop! They really did their homework when it came to the sculpting and paint work. I do want to pick up an ESB quasi/shoulder armor for a full size Vader one day, but at the same time, I may also get an ANH and ROTJ ugly to round out the collection, I just don't know which way to go first lol.

But seriously, you will love any one you get

Last edited:

I have the ESB "Ugly" and it is amazing! Next to my ESB graflex and MR ESB Vader sabers, it is my favorite prop! They really did their homework when it came to the sculpting and paint work. I do want to pick up an ESB quasi/shoulder armor for a full size Vader one day, but at the same time, I may also get an ANH and ROTJ ugly to round out the collection, I just don't know which way to go first lol.

But seriously, you will love any one you get

Darth Ugly is okay if you're budget minded, but if you're spoiled by Quasimodo ESB, you'll be disappointed with Darth Ugly ROTJ.

But then, we do have Quasimodo ROTJ coming out, hopefully in a few months!

ok so after reading many pages regarding this helmet my question is how accurate are they?

I did see on page one that accuracy was aimed on the ANH version but is it the same for ESB? and same question on accuracy goes for the armor?

I would really love to pull the trigger on both helmet and armor but just want to know prior to moving forward.

For ESB, I hope you would consider this accurate enough.

quasimodo-esb-vader-vs-screenused_zps54851246.jpg

Accuracy is not our end-goal. Our main objective and passion is to recreate the presence and emotion of the character, and accuracy is merely a stepping stone towards that vision.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back